Original topic:

Signal strength issues??

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 02:52 PM)
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
So, since I got the s24 ultra from the s23 ultra my signal strength has been much worse. Can a software update fix this? I've never had this issue with my last 4 samsungs so this is new to me. Might have to send it back if there is no hope...
113 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@usere5ZNW3EDmG It has nothing to do with Samsung and everything to do with Cricket. The phone can do it, the carrier just needs to enable the option on the network for those devices. 

mquin2112
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Explain to me how immediately switching my SIM back to my S22 Ultra and I have 5G again. I never contacted them, It just worked. I did contact cricket for the S24 Ultra and it didn't work.
Options
Galaxy S24
I actually got a notification that my sim card got an update and restart phone. Now I just get 4g. No lte plus.
0 Likes
meatballing
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes. Samsung should work with cricket to fix this
0 Likes
userQucL21mzP3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I've been using the s24 ultra since release and have noticed that every now and then my cellular signal would drop and I will get "searching" for a network in my quick settings bar. This happens on both wifi and off wifi. Only way to fix it is to do a reboot of the phone to get network. Anyone else experiencing this issue? I'm on tmobile on an unlocked s24 ultra. 
userv4bf9rQhPt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
On my s 24 ultra my cellular signal completely drops for a couple of seconds about 3 times a a day at least. Doing research from different posts I'm come to the conclusion it's probably a software/or firmware issue
Options
Galaxy S24
I know everyone on t mobile is experiencing bad service for the passed 3 weeks or more
Members_1cRqYOw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Yeah, I got mine on release. Unlocked 512gb Titanium Blue on Tmobile network. My signal across the board drops for a few seconds and then reconnects. I notice this happens two or three times a day. My signal even drops in areas where my last Samsung phone wouldn't, like where i live, never had problems with connectivity there on any Samsung phone before this one. Samsung needs address this asap. If they don't fix it, then this may be my last Samsung phone. 

0 Likes
Os89
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Im having a lot of signal problems with the s24, It Is very annoying that calls drop all the time

0 Likes
mquin2112
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Had the same issue and I refused to deal with it or wait for some software update to fix it, so I returned mine. If it's half baked, I don't want it. For the money we're spending on these phones, they **bleep** well better work flawless straight out of the box.