Original topic:

VOLTE

(Topic created: Friday)
cisco911
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I do not have VoLTE options on my phone, which I need to receive security codes for my work. I now have the S24 Ultra. I used to have the S22 Ultra phone and had VoLTE options on that phone using the same carrier and phone plan at TMobile. I contacted my carrier, TMobile, and they said to contact Samsung. The only thing that changed to result in losing the VoLTE is that I changed to the S24 Ultra. I contacted Samsung support twice, and they also could not locate the VoLTE on this phone and said to confirm with my carrier that I have that capability, which I did confirm with TMobile. The Samsung agent said all phones after 2021 should have VoLTE, but they were not successful in locating it on my phone. I purchased this phone from Samsung and paid in full specifically so that all capabilities would be unlocked. I was instructed to create a ticket here to see if I can somehow get VoLTE capability on this phone, the S24 Ultra. Otherwise I may return the phone for a refund.
9 Replies
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
It's possible VoLTE is tied to 5G LTE and no longer able to be switched off.
0 Likes
cisco911
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
There are some devices of the same type that have the option to turn this service on or off.
0 Likes
MarkChang
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
The option isn't there to toggle VoLTE on my s23 Ultra but VoLTE and VoNR both work on the U1 firmware. Are you rooted or is the bootloader unlocked? Did you purchase your device in the US or in another country or from a retailer that imports foreign devices?
0 Likes
cisco911
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
it's from Samsung US official website, and it's unlocked and it's not rooted
0 Likes
yamialex
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Refund don't waste your time. Samsung blames the carriers and the carriers blame Samsung. No one wants to fix the actual issues
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
You don't have this option? 1725107192626.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

I have T-Mobile (and an A54) and do not have this option.  I think it's integrated into the 5G because people don't need to be messing with it.  It most likely is "on" in the 5G configuration.  If you are not getting security codes, it's probably for some other reason.  Don't your security codes come via text?

DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
According to what I found, you're correct with T-Mobile. Same carrier as you but with S24 Ultra.

I recall reading that these 2 items 5G and VoLTE are tied to each other in the back end of the phone, in T-Mobile land at least.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@cisco911 Many carriers block several of the settings in the network menus whether the device is unlocked or not. Just because you don't see the option doesn't mean that it is not enabled on your phone. 

Have you verified that you do not receive these security codes?