Original topic:

"OK button" not functioning. Cannot unlock phone with PIN

(Topic created: a week ago)
GrannyBerd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello

The OK 'button' is present but not active when I try to enter my PIN to unlock my phone. I haven't changed my PIN but my phone will not unlock. 

I have also got my fingerprint stored but the phone is saying that if the phone has been restarted or after 72 hours the PIN has to be used to unlock the phone.

I cannot turn my phone off or do anything without the phone accepting my PIN.

Please help

5 Replies
photosbyraffy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
If you hold volume down and power button together for a short while, you should see the shut down menu
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Even with the phone locked, you should be able to swipe down from the top of your lock screen to see the power off icon.  Swipe all the way down into the entire quick settings panel and on the upper right (between the edit pencil and the settings gear) is the power button.

GrannyK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I could see that but it wouldn't allow me to turn the phone off without entering my PIN which the phone was refusing to accept. I could restart the phone by pressing the power key and the volume down key together. Restarting the phone didn't help sadly.

0 Likes
GrannyK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Thank you to those that responded. I am GrannyBerd but can't seem to respond individually to those that tried to assist. I've had to do a hard reset on my phone and am now having set up my phone once again.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
You could restore your backup.
0 Likes