Original topic:

Alarm Shutting Off Instantly

(Topic created: 2 hours ago)
userLjLnbDd7By
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have an SM-R800 that's been paired with my Galaxy S22. I've used my watch as a silent alarm clock that vibrates only to wake up for work and throughout the day as well. I keep my watch on silent so the vibrations have been my only notification on my watch that I use. They are repeating alarms and have worked flawlessly for years.
Suddenly, my watch now with immediately shut off after starting the alarm. I get 1 small vibration, I can see the alarm pop up on my watch screen, and then it stops and disappears. I'm not making any gestures or using my watch or phone. The alarms are set on my watch but they're instantly clearing and ruining one of the big perks of my watch.
I've checked settings and everything else still works as normal. I still get notifications normally and phone calls continue to vibrate as normal. It seems to only be alarms that aren't functioning right.
I've checked several settings and don't see anything obvious. I tried to erase the saved alarms and create new ones with different vibration patterns, that hasn't worked either.
I'm running out of ideas and haven't seen any posts with solutions anywhere about this issue. I'd really love to have my watch back to having the alarms work like they have for years.
0 Likes
2 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Have you rebooted the watch? Like the phone, the watch must be rebooted occasionally to clear out things. If a simple reboot does not work, try rebooting into recovery mode and deleting the cache partition.
To reboot to recovery mode, hold both the home and back buttons until the watch restarts. As soon as you see the Samsung logo, let go of both buttons and let it boot into recovery. When the recovery menu appears, navigate the menu using the back button until you get to "delete cache" partition". Press the home button to select, confirm by navigating with the back button to "yes" and push the home key to apply. When you get confirmation of the deletion, a menu will appear with reboot already highlighted, hit the home key to reboot.
A little caveat here: I have not done this in quite a while, and frankly don't remember if the back key is the navigation and the home is select, or the reverse. Logic says that it should be as I described it. You will figure it out with the first attempt at navigation, and you won't mess anything up, as everything except reboot requires confirmation.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userLjLnbDd7By I would double check that you have "Double pinch" turned off. I enabled that and ran into my alarm being dismissed unintentionally, so I turned it off. 

0 Likes