Solved! Go to Solution.
Hello, I understand how frustrating it is for the watch to overheat and drain the battery. Give these troubleshooting steps a try for battery drain and help determining what is causing the battery drain:
1. Go to the Samsung members app and open the app
2. Tap on the support section at the bottom of the screen
3. Your Galaxy watch 5 or 5 pro should be list
A. If you watch is not listed please make sure the software is up to date on your watch.
4. Install should be selected, tap on install
5. Tap on get started when it appears
6. Tap on battery status in the top left corner
There are several reasons why your Galaxy Watch may be experiencing battery drain or have decreased battery life. For example, certain apps can increase battery consumption. Keep reading to learn more about how to increase your watch's battery life. Give these links a try for some troubleshooting steps for reduced battery life on your watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG0100323 and https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078033/
Last step would be to verify the software is up to date and try doing a factory reset, https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/,. If the issue continues, the watch will need to be serviced. For service options, please reach out to us via one of the following options:
1. Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport
3. Or you can use the following link below to request service. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/
4. Private Message: http://bit.ly/2XERsky If the PM link is not working for you, you can click on my name and send me a private message directly from my profile.
5. Contact customer service directly at 1-800-726-7864.
If you are using an international watch, we would recommend reaching out to the service team in your area using the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html