Original topic:

Body composition won't load past 67%

(Topic created: 01-31-2024 09:57 PM)
DakotaDad
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having many problems with the watch 6 Classic. I can never get past 67% when trying to take my body composition. It always stops there and gives me all sorts of reasons, like don't touch anything but the button or try wetting your fingers ,or raise your arms ,or,or,or........ While I'm at it samsung health used to announce current and average speed ( current speed 3.9 mph, average speed 4.0). It now only announces step count. Please bring back current and average speed. Thanks. I never had a problem on my watch classic 4 getting  my body comp. I hope it is a software problem and not physical.

59 Replies
userOqkFl87EJM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Every time I try to do the body composition on my new Watch 6 Classic it gives an error message at 67% that my fingers cannot touch my hand. I swear to God, my hand is not touching, but it gives me that same error every time. Do I just have a defective watch or what am I doing wrong? I have never been able to get this feature to work, and it suck to spend so much on a watch and not be able to use one of the key features.

Ric221
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

Try these 2 things..1st power off the watch wait a few minutes and then power it back on. 2nd power off the phone and restart it see if this helps to get you the final result you are looking for.

JackQuillN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This worked perfectly for me. Thank you.

Sounds bad to say but I'm so glad so many people had this issue and solutions were offered. šŸ˜¬ I feel less alone. 

0 Likes
userFDkDAM1PTf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

On the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic I measured Body Composition every day... maybe twice it had that error. I upgraded to Galaxy Watch 6 Classic and still measure it daily. I can get it to complete but 1 out of every 3 days it will show that error. Today I had it 5 times in a row... my hands are not touching... I've done this for years... I know how to do it but something isn't right with this Watch.

userRVd20JQ5xH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here, cannot use this function at all on the galaxy watch 6, never have been able to - tried changing hands, watch direction. Tried measuring sitting, standing, keeping arms open, tried restarting watch. Haven't been able to get it working. Sent the logs from galaxy wearable and hopefully will check what is going on. Maybe I have a faulty watch.

redseal
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
When I try to measure body composition it will get to 70% and then tell me that my fingers are touching. After a lot of finagling, I got past that issue only to get to 99% and have my watch tell me that it can't measure body composition and to check my profile info such as height and weight to make sure it's correct. I've done that repeatedly on my watch and phone, they are the same. What gives????? Any advice is much appreciated, thanks!
userOqkFl87EJM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I did feel like restarting the watch does help.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

While I consider that one of the most useless measurements, when I do it, I slip a little piece of paper between my fingers and the watch, sliding it under just enough to stay put but avoid the sensors.  That way, if your fingers get tired and drop to the skin, it doesn't register as a touch.  I have not had a problem with the measurement since I started doing that.

ApprehensiveAd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
It might be too high up on your wrist. When I move the watch down towards my hand, it works without the error message.
Galicia322
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Had the same issue, this helped. Just pulled down my wrist (making it less tight on my wrist) worked on the first time
0 Likes