Original topic:

Cards removed from Samsung Pay and showing in Samsung Wallet

(Topic created: 03-07-2024 09:32 PM)
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was at the market tonight and went to pay on my watch5 Pro and none of the four credit cards I had used previously were displayed. When I got home I was going through my email and saw notifications that my cards were removed from Samsung pay.

I started to add one of my cards back into Pay and realized that they were in Samsung wallet already. I finally decided that it isn't worth the trouble of trying to pay with my watch or phone anymore. It's easier to get my wallet out and use a old fashioned plastic credit card. 
Similarly, I got several ads that informed me that I'd be able to use my driver's license in Samsung wallet and thought that was pretty cool until I found out it was only for one U.S. state, and it wasn't mine. When Samsung figures out which app I'm supposed to use send me an app and advertisement for that.

I have no idea why it doesn't work anymore. šŸ˜• 
6 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
You have to add or import your cards into each instance of Samsung Pay/wallet you have on each device. Even if it is already in one instance. It is a bank restriction. If your cards are already in Samsung Wallet you can import them into another instance of the app. Usually cards get removed if you reset your device. Even if you restore from backup, the cards don't restore. If you didn't haopen to reset your watch, I have no idea why they would have been removed.
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
You also have the option to switch to Google Wallet. It also can be installed/works on the watch.
0 Likes
KathyinCA
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
My cards all disappeared from the app on the watch within the past week or two. No explanation, just all four gone. I had to re-import them from the phone app.
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

Did you by chance switch your watch to a new phone?  In that instance, it also deletes your cards and they have to be re-imported/added.

0 Likes
KathyinCA
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
No, I had made no changes whatsoever. The most recent change had been adding a card probably 3 months ago. They just all of a sudden disappeared.

There may have been routine updates, but that shouldn't have caused it. It acted as if I had never even set it up before.
0 Likes
Members_5Ds0AT7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue this week. Samsung Watch 5, had 3 cards in it. Went to use today and all cards were gone.  Had to use my phone, then had to reactivate Samsung Pay on my watch and re-enter cards.  Thought it might be a glitch because for the first time in forever, I didnt wear my watch for 2 days in a row, while keeping it charged.

0 Likes