JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Couldn't set up your mobile plan on Galaxy watch 5 pro with tmobile

(Topic created: 09-06-2022 08:35 PM)
Mdanish4
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am getting error code 4001 while trying to connect the network to the watch. I reached out to tmobile snd they told me it's the samsung issue. Please help.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
19 Replies
Mdanish4
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Oh wow man. It makes too of us. Atleast 3 calls to samsung and 2 called and few chats with tmobile. Samsung told me yo send the device in for repair. This is a joke. I will try resetting the phone. This is weird though, cause I have two other watches older ones and they connect right in without any problem..
Bardiel003
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

any response back yet?

I just received my 2nd watch due to a similar issue with the 1st and worried about setting it up once more and such. Took me up to 3 days to figure something out from tmobile and samsung. I swear if this happens again IDK what I will do after this.

0 Likes
matt5k99
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Just posting this to show I got mine working.20220911_110440_22_1662908686.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had this exact same issue, and after going back and forth with reps from both Samsung and TMobile, here are the steps I took that miraculously fixed it:

Factory reset the watch.

On your phone, go into settings/apps and clear cache and data from the Galaxy Wearable app.

The last part of this step may be very important. Uninstall the Galaxy Wearable app and at the end of that process, uninstall all of the plugins associated with it.

Reinstall the Galaxy Wearable app from the Galaxy app store, NOT the Google Play store.

After that, I was able to pair the watch to the phone again and get my TMobile service working.

I'm not sure which of those steps is the secret sauce, but I know that combination is what finally ended a day of frustration for me.

userob4tlucdU9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
This one definitely worked for me.
0 Likes
Members_DWapTkM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I got the same/exact error tyring to connect my Samsung Galaxy Watch5 to my Samsung Galaxy ZFold4. I called T-Mobile/Sprint 3 times in 1 day and nada.  As soon as I tried these settings, it worked!

Fortunately, I did not have to Factory Reset my Phone (as I read in other threads), just the Watch. I did clear the cache and the data before removing the Wearable App but did not remove any plugins (although I didn't know what plugins I had or needed to remove). I did re-install the Galaxy Wearable app from the Galaxy App Store and it passed the step where I kept getting that Error Code: 4001.

I am now able to make calls from my Watch without having my phone nearby or whlle I have my phone turned off.  This is the main reason for me purchasing the LTE version

0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

Submit an error report and get feedback
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

0 Likes
Bardiel003
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

so guys last night I was fiddling with it from other posts and from what I read from other sources. reset the watch. then have the watch connect and setup with your phone but without wifi. then proceed. If the error code comes back up, go reset and repeat the process.  This might be a factor, but after I reset my watch, I left it alone ( turned off) and wait for a moment's time (( ~15-30 mins? was busy looking for troubleshooting related to it)) then went back to the watch and try again. it somehow helped me and it was able to link up the mobile plan from Tmobile. 

0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

are you still having this issue? 

Submit an error report after replicating the issue
Samsung Members app -> Get help -> Send feedback -> Error reports

0 Likes
vesv6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

uninstall the wearable app on your phone - reset your watch - and reinstall the app

0 Likes