JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Couldn't set up your mobile plan on Galaxy watch 5 pro with tmobile

(Topic created: 09-06-2022 08:35 PM)
Mdanish4
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am getting error code 4001 while trying to connect the network to the watch. I reached out to tmobile snd they told me it's the samsung issue. Please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had this exact same issue, and after going back and forth with reps from both Samsung and TMobile, here are the steps I took that miraculously fixed it:

Factory reset the watch.

On your phone, go into settings/apps and clear cache and data from the Galaxy Wearable app.

The last part of this step may be very important. Uninstall the Galaxy Wearable app and at the end of that process, uninstall all of the plugins associated with it.

Reinstall the Galaxy Wearable app from the Galaxy app store, NOT the Google Play store.

After that, I was able to pair the watch to the phone again and get my TMobile service working.

I'm not sure which of those steps is the secret sauce, but I know that combination is what finally ended a day of frustration for me.

View solution in context

19 Replies
Mic_Tech3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having the exact same issue with my watch 4 classic on T-Mobile.
0 Likes
vesv6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

uninstall the wearable app on your phone 

reset your watch 

and reinstall the wearable app

0 Likes
matt5k99
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had the same exact issue. I solved it by performing a factory reset on both my watch and phone. (This assumes that you already have a watch line set up). Called twice. Both times I called t-mobile, they told me to just reset the watch. That never fixed the issue. Factory reset your phone and watch and let me know if it works for you. Worked for me. Hope this helped.
matt5k99
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Also it can't hurt to make sure they have the correct imei and eid for the watch in their system.
Mdanish4
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have made sure they have the correct imei and eid..
0 Likes
Mdanish4
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
You had watch5 too?
0 Likes
matt5k99
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes watch 5 pro.
Mdanish4
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Look at thisScreenshot_20220908_151419_Messenger_1000000002_1662664471.jpg
0 Likes
matt5k99
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yeah unbelievable. No one taking responsibility. The first time I called t mobile, I spent nearly 3 hours. Being transferred several times. A t-mobile care agent claimed that he had a lengthy conversation with Samsung. And that Samsung said it was defective. I ended up sending the first watch back. Called Samsung myself and told them that this was my second watch 5 pro. And they told me that it is an issue on the service provider's side. Samsung rep said something like "http refresh" and to mention that to t-mobile. The woman from Samsung literally told me that I should try a different service provider. If resetting my phone didn't work, I was gonna switch to AT&T and see what happens. It's truly disappointing how many t-mobile employees are just straight up incompetent.