Original topic:

GW5P Issue

(Topic created: 8 hours ago)
GalaxyWolf1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
OK. For a brief while was using both a GW5P and a GW4C.
Stopped and completely removed the GW4C and also un-tied to my phone via BT. There has been NO automatic backup in like 9 days. 
Checked settings for battery set to no restriction, set backup on. Wearable app and SmartSwitch installed AND up-to-date. And yet NO backups. 
Will not entertain anything involving resetting the watch as I have 3 watchfaces THAT CANNOT EVER BE REPLACED as they no longer exist on Play Store and neither do their devs. 
And I happen to like those watchfaces. So, any suggestions (sans resetting watch)? 
Thanks.
0 Likes
5 Replies
JollyCello
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Your watch 4 will not perform a backup without being connected via Bluetooth. You will have to reconnect connect it in order to get a new backup!

0 Likes
GalaxyWolf1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Not about GW4C. I am talking about GW5P.
My GW4C is NO LONGER IN USE. PERIOD. I have disconnected it from phone completely as well as did a factory reset of it.
I am NOT getting ANY backups of my GW5P. And as post says already checked into all settings and such.
I am not being a **bleep**, but please read post.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@GalaxyWolf1 I know that you are frustrated but there is no need to get angry or upset. We are trying to help and have little information to work from. A lot of people say that they have tried everything or confirmed every setting but often haven't. 

Let's review.

In Galaxy wearable, watch settings, Accounts and backup, make sure that your Samsung account is configured and the option "Save backup to Samsung Cloud".

Now... this backup only occurs during the night (early morning hours) when you are wearing your watch. The phone must also be on and connected via Bluetooth to your watch. The backup uses Smart Switch. Make sure that if you see any notifications or requests from Smart Switch that you approve them. 

0 Likes
kimberleigh
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
In your watch settings, go to "accounts and backup", see if you have "save backup to Samsung account storage". If you do, you can get your backup from there.
0 Likes
GalaxyWolf1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
already checked and yes it is set and i will check
0 Likes