JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy 46mm/ bad watch, horrible customer service

(Topic created: 09-09-2021 11:40 AM)
SnowSquatch
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have come to the realization that SAMSUNG does not care about customer satisfaction. I purchased a Galaxy watch in Feb 2021, fast forward to 9/2021 and my watch is now in Samsungs care (lol) and I'm being told that the watch has water damage. This is NOT the first time my watch has been in for service with Samsung. I had to send it in twice before due to software related issues and now, because it was stuck in a “reboot loop”, which then led to "WATER DAMAGE"?  I put that in quotes because that is what the customer care and tech support tells me. The ONLY time I used the watch was for running so I can use the features to track my distance, route, heart rate, etc. After each run, I would rinse the band off, immediately dry the band and clean the face and back of the watch with the moist towel and then dry it off again.  I don’t wear the watch to work, didn't swim with it, dont SCUBA or skydive through thunder clouds. With claims such as “water resistant” up to 50 meters for 30 minutes, moisture from skin contact and rinsing under cool water shouldn’t be a big deal. SAMSUNG is  bent on the fine print that if there is water damage, it automatically voids the warranty, holding the user at fault rather than doing a thorough inspection of every component on the watch. Samsung does NOT look at the history of the watch, the condition and facts. They simply do not care.  My watch has absolutely no scratches, dings or dents that would compromise the integrity of the watch.  At some point, SAMSUNG should have just replaced the watch with the same model due to the issues I've had with it already. At least one would think a company with a sense of good customer service would probably do so. Perhaps $200 would break the company? With all of this in mind, one would wonder what the repair costs would be.  I had a generous quote of 339.89, which is almost 130.00 MORE than I purchased the watch for, and I can still find new models (not refurbished) for under 250.  On the plus side, I wasn’t asked to pay for shipping and handling. Why would Samsung quote a repair cost that high when I could walk into my local electronics store and buy the exact same model for less? Another example of Samsung not backing the consumer. I wont go over the multiple agents that I had the pleasure, and displeasure to speak with. Some nice, some rude and another that flat out lied to me to get me off the phone. I’d like to focus on the sub par quality of the Galaxy watch and the horrific backing and customer support provided. After doing a bit of research online, I’ve ran across too many individuals with the same issue that I have. Watch goes in, watch has mysterious water damage, no support behind product, overcharged for repairs. There have been reports with an issue regarding the heartbeat sensor on the back and the adhesive that keeps it in place. Yup, its glued in, which compromises the watches integrity when it goes bad.   So if you’re still considering a Galaxy watch, just be forewarned that you too could end up with a faulty watch and loose hundreds of dollars

10 Replies
Sbrown88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
What watch model is it? I have been wanting to get one for work.
0 Likes
Ariscott56
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
He could be talking about the Galaxy Watch 46mm from 2018.
0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Trade it in.
0 Likes
SnowSquatch
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

If you are suggesting to return it, I can't. It's been too long. If trading it in for credit on a new watch, I shouldn't have to. I hardly wore the watch. it was pristine

0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

If you purchased in Feb 2021, it's within warranty period.  You might want to ask for your 1st service record if the case was opened for part replacement?  If so, the case may not sealed and pressurized per spec which would cause water to get inside the case.  

Why can't you return it?  What is exact model of your watch?

0 Likes
SnowSquatch
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased it at Best Buy in Feb. 

Model #: SM-R800NZSAXAR

SAMSUNG Galaxy watch silver-46MM

I was told that it has "liquid damage" and cannot be replaced. I dont think Best Buy will return it either. I've been on the phone with samsung for 21/2 hours already, everyone thus far telling me they wont/can't help me. I've asked multiple times for a copy of the service history on the watch and was either told they cannot provide me a copy or do not have access to the whole history. I'm currently waiting for a return call from a CORPORATE case manager. The "highest level" one can get, as if I should be honored to even receive such a call. I'm still waiting to hear from a manager the last 2 times I was told a one would call back.

Solution
SnowSquatch
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Here is the latest update. I did in fact get a call. Spoke with an individual at corporate. He is extending the warranty and the watch will be repaired. Finally, someone that looked at the big picture and used common sense instead of going through the "customer service manual" and pawning me off to the next person. I'm still skeptical considering the past treatment I've received. Once it gets here I'll believe it. I'm still worried that the watch had "liquid damage". How could it get inside in the first place and will it happen again. Was it really damaged from liquid or someone at Samsung messed it up. Stay tuned for more. 

Home_in_BKK
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

You bought old model of the Galaxy Watch which was released in 8/2018.  Best Buy should warranty your purchase unless you bought directly from Samsung.  You probably cannot buy older Galaxy Watch (2018 model) from Samsung anyway.  Best Buy should be blamed for selling your older product and not honoring the purchase warranty.

0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

If you got in touch Samsung "CORPORATE case manager", you might want to ask for Account manager or Product manager who managing Best Buy for Smart Watch account.  Account manager or Product manager might be able to help you with product replacement.  He/She usually have access to samples.  Good Luck.

0 Likes