JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Gear Watches and phones with Android 14 no longer connect

(Topic created: 05-15-2024 12:49 PM)
FragginBastich
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I called Samsung today and told them what happened. I asked if they can at least give me the promo price for the Watch 6 Classic that was offered when I bought the S24. They are going to email me if that is possible.

131 Replies
jodee224
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi there...I just found this thread when I couldn't connect my Galaxy Gear S3 Frontier watch to my S24 Ultra.  Although I spent hours on the phone with Samsung tech support, which was a joke, I asked them several times if they were sure if my older watch was compatible with the ultra, and they kept saying, yes, all their watches and phones were compatible.  They obviously did not know what they were talking about.  I am wondering what type of deal you were able to get on the Watch 6 from them.  This is really ridiculous that they aren't compatible.

Thanks,

Jo-Dee

Samsung_raEkklk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I spoke with Samsung today after I couldn't get my Gear S3 Frontier to connect to a replacement S22 Ultra, same problem.  ANY phone with the Android 14 software will not connect to the Gear S3 anymore. 

0 Likes
usertCM5Sf8X1x
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Why Samsung is not supporting the S3 anymore, my watch is in perfect condition and now I can't use it with my new phone, was is Samsung solution for this, they expect is to just throw away a good watch, that is not fair to the people that have been their customer for a very long time

0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
The watch should still connect with the phone, however, the S3 no longer receives software or app updates because it runs the older tizen operating system whereas newer watches use wearOS.
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sorry to say, but the Gear S3 came out 8+ years ago, and support for it has stopped on newer devices for security reasons, I believe since the watch doesn't get any new updates for security protection.
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshoot/TSG10001327/#:~:text=The%20S24%20was%20released%20wi....

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
NJR1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Support for the S3 may have ended, it doesn't mean the usefulness of the S3 has ended.

Support for Windows XP ended years ago - PCs with it on still works! My Old Galaxy S6 and S7 still work!

0 Likes
user6uy9DGuds9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
How can I bet the Gear S watch to connect and work with the Fold 3 phone ?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch

@user6uy9DGuds9 Sorry but support for the Gear S watch has ended some time ago. 

0 Likes
ThatFixitGuy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
The watch still works perfectly it just won't link to my new phone
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch

@ThatFixitGuy Unfortunately Samsung has dropped support for the Tizen based watches.