Original topic:

Galaxy Gear Watches and phones with Android 14 no longer connect

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 05:11 PM)
FragginBastich
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I called Samsung today and told them what happened. I asked if they can at least give me the promo price for the Watch 6 Classic that was offered when I bought the S24. They are going to email me if that is possible.

120 Replies
Jmav
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, samedi tringle for me in France, I have Just received my New S24 to replace my Galaxy Note and what a surprise ! My Galaxy gear S3 Frontier cannot be used with the S24. It is rallye unfair from Samsung

Shturmands
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, I bought a new S24+ yesterday, and what was my surprise when my Galaxy gear S3 Frontier watch (which I really like, and I was not going to change it) did not connect to the new phone.
Samsung, what are you doing, it's a shame, you're going to lose all your users like that.

Stevedicko
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have just spent an hour with a chat agent and raised a complaint about the same situation.

I'm more annoyed that if I had ordered 6 days earlier I would have received a new watch for free.

If they get enough hassle perhaps they will do something to help us all.

Not haw loyalty should be rewarded.

Shame on you samsung. Or whoever make that foolish decision 

INFINIT_tOny
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm on the same boat.. my s24 ultra will not work with my gear s3 frontier.. all the new watches looks like **bleep**.. now samsung is forcing us to upgrade
userZvTKLqp32j
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung needs to put out an update and make the Gear S3 compatible with the new phones. Not really the best marketing strategy to force the customer into buying a new watch when it's not necessary.
Koszti
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

You speak well!

zsharpe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

What is wrong with Samsung. They can fix this.

Members_aSliX4b
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This sucks. Samsung getting more and more like Apple with every generation. I'll switch to pixels or just move to Apple completely for my next phone. Samsung needs to figure it out. 

Mofus
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I know it and also ss is doing something very illegal!

They sold the watch as working with their phones etc...now the s3 got a hugh livespan and the battery after 5 years is ok super still....this watch is too good? So they should fix this immediatly or face some lawsuite like google etc etc

Lucky for me i got the watch6 as promotion...takes xx weeks hahaha so no watch now......

Very very stupid move from samsung for sure!

0 Likes
userZvTKLqp32j
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
So this worked for me. I downloaded the Gear S plugin to the S24U. After downloading, I was able to pair my Gear S3 Frontier. So far, it's connected and notifications work! Give it a try and let me know!1706723381944.jpg