Original topic:

Galaxy Gear Watches and phones with Android 14 no longer connect

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 05:11 PM)
FragginBastich
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I called Samsung today and told them what happened. I asked if they can at least give me the promo price for the Watch 6 Classic that was offered when I bought the S24. They are going to email me if that is possible.

119 Replies
usergw8VITQmu1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm pretty **bleep** about this, but at the same time, I've been looking for a reason to get the latest watch lol
0 Likes
useracn2UBq548
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So it happened to me as well. I have a question for this group. I also own a Google Pixel 7 Pro. The watch doesn't seem to want to connect to it either. Is it only compatible with Samsung watches? Is there a get-around?

0 Likes
userkznDYKJPty
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just got my Gear 3 Frontier to connect to my S24 Ultra after a week of thinking it wasn't going to work. 
Go to the Play Store and search Gear 3 plug in. If you transfered over from your previous android, you should see something already on your device (first picture). Click/expand each of them and Install. Once done, get the Gear 3 Frontier watch, go to Settings, go to the bottom and Pair to New Phone. The watch will back itself up, then do a soft reset. Once the watch is ready, it will have a yellow screen and say Let's Go. Follow the instructions on the phone to finish pairing to the s24 Ultra. 
It does look like this is the last phone the Frontier will work with though (second picture).

@GalaxyS24Ultra
@Gear3Frontier
@GalaxyS24+
@SmartWatch 

BeachDad
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just replaced the battery in my gear spot watch.
It has been going strong for 7 years.
I did not want to upgrade watches because of crappie battery life with them now.
It is great getting 4 to 5 days before charging.
Samtech
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung has announced that some of its older smartwatches and fitness trackers will not work with smartphones launched in 2021 or later, including the S24 series. This means that devices like the Galaxy Gear, Gear 2, Gear S, and Gear Fit will not be able to pair with the new phones. 

I hope that Samsung will honor your request and offer you a promo price for the Watch 6 Classic. It is a very advanced and versatile smartwatch that has many features that can enhance your health and productivity. 

0 Likes
Samtech
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, because S24 Series is based on Android 14 OS...but gear watches only support on devices with Android 4.3 to Android 13..

It is possible that Samsung may solve this issue through software updates in the future.

0 Likes
Samtech
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

The S24 Series uses Android 14 OS, which is not compatible with gear watches. Gear watches only work with devices that have Android 4.3 to Android 13. Samsung might fix this problem with future software updates.

0 Likes
FF_S2V
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Android 14OS is not the problem here. My S22ultra also runs Android 14OS and the gear S3 works great with it! It is so wanted by Samsung and not very customer-friendly!

0 Likes
useraaea8VfE7f
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Pls let me know if i can add my S3 Frontier at my new S24 Ultra. Thanks!

0 Likes
Silent_Warrior
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
You might be able to if you try my solution I posted in this thread. If you do try it, let me know if it works!
0 Likes