Original topic:

Galaxy Gear Watches and phones with Android 14 no longer connect

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 05:11 PM)
FragginBastich
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I called Samsung today and told them what happened. I asked if they can at least give me the promo price for the Watch 6 Classic that was offered when I bought the S24. They are going to email me if that is possible.

120 Replies
distressed
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue.

0 Likes
distressed
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I finally got it to work.  I uninstalled everything Samsung related.  "Gear, Wearable, Plugin, Heath" Uninstalled Google Pixel Watch too.  Then rebooted phone.  In Mean time, Rebooted watch and up arrow, then scroll down and clicked on icon on left.  Then scrolled down and selected use watch without phone.  Then Accepted and restarted watch again.  Then was able to do some basic configuration on watch.  Then later selected Connect to connect to phone.  At this point phone was back on and reinstalled Galaxy Wearable App.
Went thru process and this time when I clicked on agree, was prompted on phone to install plugin and some other stuff as well as make permission updates.  

Was a success in the end but what a painful experience.  Thought I was going to have to buy new watch.  Phone (Pixel 8 PRo) is only 3 days old and old phone (Pixel 4) would not connect either.

0 Likes
deemy71
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I recently bought S24 ultra, and found out extremely disappointed that galaxy watch 3 can not be connected to the phone. I can connect with even iPhone but not with Samsung phone. What a shame for samsung.
Samsung should tell customers if any device is not supported by the phone. 
0 Likes
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Any model before the Galaxy Watch 4 runs on tizen only and not on Google Wear OS which is probably why its not compatible with the newer devices

Options
Galaxy Watch
You never know in some odd way it could work. šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€:male_sign:
0 Likes
WarlockHCP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Search s3 working s24 on Reddit. Takes a little faith but it does work, got mine working in a few minutes

0 Likes
usersjAP9fqfMI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Is there a fix so I can use my watch that works great still on my old phone and not my new s24 ultra
0 Likes
jodee224
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi there...I just found this thread when I couldn't connect my Galaxy Gear S3 Frontier watch to my S24 Ultra.  Although I spent hours on the phone with Samsung tech support, which was a joke, I asked them several times if they were sure if my older watch was compatible with the ultra, and they kept saying, yes, all their watches and phones were compatible.  They obviously did not know what they were talking about.  I am wondering what type of deal you were able to get on the Watch 6 from them.  This is really ridiculous that they aren't compatible.

Thanks,

Jo-Dee

0 Likes
Samsung_raEkklk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I spoke with Samsung today after I couldn't get my Gear S3 Frontier to connect to a replacement S22 Ultra, same problem.  ANY phone with the Android 14 software will not connect to the Gear S3 anymore. 

0 Likes
usertCM5Sf8X1x
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Why Samsung is not supporting the S3 anymore, my watch is in perfect condition and now I can't use it with my new phone, was is Samsung solution for this, they expect is to just throw away a good watch, that is not fair to the people that have been their customer for a very long time

0 Likes