JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 - Silicone strap irritation...

(Topic created: 01-14-2022 04:45 AM)
DG-Man
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can advise me with this. I have recently bought the 46mm Galaxy Watch 4 Classic with the white silicone strap and I'm getting irritation and itchy skin from the strap, accompanied by a slight red rash and then dry flaky skin where the watch has been. Initially I thought it was just that the watch was poorly adjusted (too tight maybe) but I've tried it on both wrists (left and right) at varying tightnesses over a two week period and there is definitely some kind of reaction happening to my skin. I've always wore watches and I have never had a reaction to any strap before.

Is there something in this particular strap that could be causing it? I know I can easily change the strap out but I shouldn't have to do this on a watch that I've only had for two weeks. Does anyone know if there is a specific chemical in the strap that can cause it? At least if I know this, I can avoid getting another strap of the same chemical composition.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, I understand how concerning an allergic reaction can be. Samsung is reviewing these incidents on a case-by-case basis with our specialized team.  The quickest way to speak with the specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864.

When you call them please be sure to have the following information ready: 

Name, Street address, Email, Best Contact number, Full Model number and serial number/IMEI, and any photos of the irritated area you may have. Please also have any medical paperwork available if you had to seek medical attention due to the reaction. 

If you do not wish to speak over the phone, we recommend reaching out to our Live Chat team for assistance with this, They can be reached by clicking this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/?chat=auto

And as always, if you have any additional questions, you can reach out to one of our moderators directly by clicking on a Mod's name and selecting the message option. Alternatively, you can click the following link: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo   We'd be happy to help any way we can. 

Wishing you a speedy recovery! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've had the same problem before. I think when I first got it it did that but I got used to it and it stopped itching. Other times it means you're wearing it too tight. When I swapped my watch over to my right arm it itched way too badly I had to put it back on my left arm, so.. try swapping arms and seeing if it happens still. I'm not sure why it's so itchy like that.
0 Likes
DG-Man
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for the info Gabe. I just updated my original post to say that I've actually tried it on both wrists already with different levels of tightness. Funnily enough, I'm left handed but I've always wore my watches on my left wrist without having any difficulty. With the watch 4 being touch screen, I've had to swap it to my right wrist so I can use my left hand and its increased dexterity on the screen. Regardless, the same irritation has occurred on both wrists.

I think I'm just going to have to swap out the strap but I'm concerned about the same thing happening again.

Options
Galaxy Watch
Well, try a different watch company like Barton Watch Bands. Your current strap may have something wrong with it, so you could chance getting another one from Samsung, maybe a different kind, like hybrid leather or something. I had the same issue previously, like I had mentioned, and thought about getting a new watch band, but I forgot and the itchiness sorta disappeared. Have you tried showering with your watch on? It has a water mode so the water doesn't mess with the touch screen.
0 Likes
DG-Man
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

That's what I'm thinking. It's specific to the Samsung band. What colour was your band out of interest?

I haven't tried showering with the watch on and to be honest I think I would avoid it. I know it's waterproof for swimming/water sports etc, but I can't imagine the watch would be designed to take the higher water temperatures of a shower. I'd be hesitant for fear of voiding the warranty.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, I understand how concerning an allergic reaction can be. Samsung is reviewing these incidents on a case-by-case basis with our specialized team.  The quickest way to speak with the specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864.

When you call them please be sure to have the following information ready: 

Name, Street address, Email, Best Contact number, Full Model number and serial number/IMEI, and any photos of the irritated area you may have. Please also have any medical paperwork available if you had to seek medical attention due to the reaction. 

If you do not wish to speak over the phone, we recommend reaching out to our Live Chat team for assistance with this, They can be reached by clicking this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/?chat=auto

And as always, if you have any additional questions, you can reach out to one of our moderators directly by clicking on a Mod's name and selecting the message option. Alternatively, you can click the following link: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo   We'd be happy to help any way we can. 

Wishing you a speedy recovery! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.