JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 and camera remote

(Topic created: 01-11-2024 10:17 AM)
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Since I first got my watch 2 years ago, the camera remote control was an app on the watch, so that I could control my camera from the watch.  My watch was connected to a Galaxy S10 lite, but now since I paired the watch with my new Galaxy A54 5G, the remote no longer shows on the app screen. Why did it disappear? It is my understanding it is on the watch6, so I don't know why it did not survive the transition to a new phone.  I cannot find the app in either the play store or the Samsung store.  

The interesting thing here, is that while the app appears gone from both the app screen on the watch and the list of apps installed on the watch, when I go to the notifications section of the watch settings, and look for which apps I want to send me notifications, the camera controller is not only listed, it says it is installed on the watch.

So, if a) is it actually installed? b) if it is installed, where is it? c) if it's installed why does it not show up in the installed app list?  d) HOW DO I GET IT BACK?

1 Reply
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@realaud Unfortunately this is only compatible with the S series, Note series, and Z series phones. It is not compatible with the A54. 

0 Likes