Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 overheating and arm pain

(Topic created: 11-05-2021 05:38 AM)
user5klGOaNIVN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi,

I received a Galaxy Watch 4 as a birthday gift in September and I've been unable to wear it for weeks because my arm starts hurting as soon as I do. I've turned off the automatic heart sensor monitoring and the like, but I still have the same problem. I tried wearing it on my other arm and I still experience overheating and arm pain. I loosened the band as well but that's not the issue. I've seen other people post about this but no recall or resolution. Samsung needs to investigate this issue before someone gets burned as it does leave marks on my skin or they end up with cancer down the line. Is it possible that my unit is defective? If so, can I get a replacement? I have a ~$300 watch lying around with a plan on it that I can't use.

I have three other Samsung watches and never had this issue. I'm a longtime Samsung customer and really look forward to resolution. I recently bought the Z Fold 3 and was really excited about my watch until I realized it's the source of my arm pain.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello. I can definitely see how this would be concerning!  I hope you are okay, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this is caused you!  We do have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. I would encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved. 

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc. 

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864. 

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Facebook or Twitter Support teams to set up a call back. 

If you don’t wish to call, I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello. I can definitely see how this would be concerning!  I hope you are okay, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this is caused you!  We do have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. I would encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved. 

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc. 

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864. 

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Facebook or Twitter Support teams to set up a call back. 

If you don’t wish to call, I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.