JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch + Android Messages

(Topic created: 09-11-2018 02:58 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Samsung S9 and new Galaxy Watch.  Does anyone know of a way to use Android Messages on the watch?  The watch keeps telling me I have to use Samsung Messages to be able to retreive them.  I get notifications and can see the messages I sent, but I can't look at the "history" of Android Messages. 

Anyway to fix this?  I need a SMS application I can use on my Windows 10 PC and Samsung doesn't.  (I tried Flow and it's not ready for primetime).

JUMP TO SOLUTION
neca
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

This can't be done on other phones. Just SAMSUNG. Really imortant to know.

0 Likes
Yatman
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
At least on Verizon, the Verizon messenger seems supported. It's not half-bad but I still prefer Google Messages but unfortunately for now, I don't seem to have a choice. I'm guessing the carrier based messaging apps will be supported for all the carriers - at least for now.
0 Likes
userJWNlRltIkI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

This i works well and is a solid solution, thank you.

0 Likes
userXmBAFr7UTM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I, too, use PulseSMS, the app description indicated that it would work across all device platforms, even my new Galaxy Watch. While it does work on all my devices (I paid the $10.99 lifetime premium), there is no way to change the watch's default messaging app. It insists on using the Samsung "Messages" app, and all my watch faces that have the "Messages" link on them all try to start the Samsung "Messages" app...I haven't found a way yet to have them open any other messaging app of my choosing instead (like PulseSMS).

Samsung...PLEASE offer a firmware/OS update that allows the user to designate his/her own choices of default apps that are opened by the respective active links in all of the varying watchfaces, especially the default SMS app!

Thank you!

(If anyone else knows how to accomplish this aside from a firmware/OS update, please let me know.)

userQPjLU6CbQr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This isn't really a soluntion because unless my phone is connected via bluetooth I wont recieve any messages. In remote connection (using the 4G capability) I can send a text (with Android messages set to default), but I wont recieve any. This really needs to be fixed!!!!!!

0 Likes
Yatman
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Not sure why Samsung has flagged this issue as solved. It's really not solved and this solution is mostly a work-around.

Samsung seems only interested in getting people to buy only samsung devices all around since the watch works perfectly with the default Samsung Messenger app that comes with the phone (I have an S10).

Oddly enough, the verizon messenger app i have on my phone works perfectly too. Not sure what's causing the incompatibility with the Google Messenger application but it's really annoying that I HAVE to use either the Samsung or Verizon messenger - neither of which is all that great, albeit the Verizon app is definitely better than the Samsung app.

user2qbe4Ll2Uj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Okay, if I go into Wear app, Notifications, I see Android messages, but it's grayed out and marked disabled.

I've noticed, if I have the watch disconnected from the phone (ie. Bluetooth is off) my messages sync up.

0 Likes
useryXnSQpRJtm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

You just changed my life for the better in a significant way! Cheers!

0 Likes
Darkwidow
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is not solved! Yes you can say no and proceed to message but the system does not show your converstations correctly.

The watch needs to support android messages.

0 Likes
userAfYF7rXVvR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am using Microsofts 'Your Phone' app to SMS on PC in this situation.  Working great in tandem with Samsungs App.  It's as good as the Messenger system.