Original topic:

Galaxy Watch: manually start tracking a swim

(Topic created: 08-25-2024 09:46 AM)
Options
Galaxy Watch
Galaxy Watch

Picture this scenario

I'm not a great swimmer. Never understood how to swim formally.

I head into the water. My Galaxy Watch here and there as I am doggy paddling or whatever, begins to acknowledge that I am swimming.

Although I'm concentrating on staying afloat, I'm able to look at the Watch and it says something like 

Swimming automatically detected. You have now been swimming 10:30 seconds. 

I'm paraphrasing that etc.

I cannot for the life of me figure out if there's an icon I can tap to initiate a swim and how to track the swim etc.

Before buying the Watch I was hideously worried about its water resistance. The Watch is a real trooper. No issues whatsoever. Sorry Apple Watch.

Anyone know how to initiate and or monitor a swim? On the Watch? On the Phone?

Thanks 

4 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

The watch tracks your activity if you have auto-detect workouts on.  I believe it's on by default.  In any case, if you want to see the results of your "swim", you can open the Samsung health app on your phone (or your watch, it's just easier on the phone), and your last workout will be in a big orange box on the main screen.  If you had other "workouts" during the week, you can tap on the "workouts this week" section, and you will get a listing of all recorded activity.  You can tap on the individual results and see the stats for the workout.  This is true whether you actually manually started a workout, or the watch auto-detected the workout.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you
0 Likes
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Oh, I forgot you also asked about initiating the workout from the watch.  You can a) either add the workouts tile to your watch screens or b) just open Samsung health from the apps screen on the watch and, scroll down to exercise, tap it and cycle to the workout you want to initiate

iScreenshot_20240825_123959_sysui.pngScreenshot_20240825_123524_sysui.pngScreenshot_20240825_123616_shealth.png

Tap on the exercise you want to start it.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Just did it. Thanks
0 Likes