JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4/5/6 shows location instead of temperature in weather widget on third party watch faces

(Topic created: 08-06-2023 12:10 AM)
DrPeppers
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi,

I recently upgraded my watch4 (44) to watch6 (44). Now did I use watchfaces who also show the weather and temperature on the watchface. But after setting up the watch6 with the same watchface (minimal pixel) it shows my location instead of the weather/temperature here.

This also happens with other watchfaces who use the weather info.

Do I miss something, or is there any setting I need to change?

Thanks!

20230806_090152.png

 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LaggyTheWhale
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sorry the watch face calls complications widgets. You will need to give google weather permission to always have access to location. I set the middle widget to the Google weather which was added to the bottom of the widget list. Then turned off weather after date setting waited 5 mins and turned it back on and got the date after time then I was able to change the middle widget. I don't know if all those steps are needed but it is how I got it working. Hopefully it will work for you.Screenshot_20230918_064648_sysui_1000002003_1695044809.pngScreenshot_20230918_064711_pixelminimalwatchface_1000002004_1695044832.pngScreenshot_20230918_065510_sysui_1000002008_1695045311.pngScreenshot_20230918_065347_pixelminimalwatchface_1000002007_1695045228.png

View solution in context

33 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
Go to where you get that watch face and see if there's a setting to customize it. Or try press and holding it and see if there's a customise button on top
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
Open your Galaxy manager select the watch face select customize each portion of the watch has a category tab that you can adjust what you want to be showing switch it back to the weather's as I show in screenshots Screenshot_20230806_090740_Galaxy Watch5 Manager.jpgScreenshot_20230806_090929_Galaxy Watch5 Manager.jpg
0 Likes
DrPeppers
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for your replies. The problem is not how to set weather in de watchface. I have those selected in the settings of the faces. But it is not showing weather type/temperature but weather type and the name of the city. I need to get the temperature showing as before. See picture for example of the watchface with normal weather showing.

t2os0i8EGdJb_XUgrDHpUUwPaq_HUeltZI759ghwowA.jpg

 

0 Likes
Dabogues
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am seeing this exact same issue. My Galaxy Watch 4 always defaulted to showing the weather icon with temperature on ANY watchface. The Galaxy Watch 6 Classic shows the icon with the location. Really weird...only thing I can figure is that this is a Watch UI5 or Wear OS 4 quirk? Really want to fix it, because I usually know where I am, lol.

0 Likes
DrPeppers
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks, good to know I am not the only one seeing this. I think it could be a WearOS change to be implemented in the third party apps.

0 Likes
Dabogues
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@DrPeppers  -- for what it's worth, the third party watch face watch face I have that actually shows both temp and location is called WIN INFORMATIVE MOD. The only reason it seems to work is because it splits the text into multiple lines (so the temp is displayed at the top, with a break where it shows date (regardless of complication) and then below the date it has the location as per the weather app. From what I can tell, every other third party watch face I have (not counting Pujie Black, since everything is customizable) only shows a single line of text for the weather complication, and for whatever reason those have no choice but to choose the location instead of the temp. This has to be something on the software side from Samsung or Google, as it works the opposite way on my Watch 4. So maybe a Watch UI 5 or Wear OS 4 difference.

Also worth noting that the built-in Samsung watch faces do not have this issue. They all seem to show the temperature rather than the location. I suspect that is because they were built for the new software, but third party watch faces are programmed with the old version of Wear OS (or Watch UI) in mind.

Attached photos show a) the one third party face I have that displays temp AND location using the weather complication,  b) how a Samsung first party face shows weather complication (2x locations with temp only), and c) how every other third party face shows weather complication (with location only)

PXL_20230808_153543272.jpgPXL_20230808_153900321.jpgPXL_20230808_153912479.jpg

The dead  giveaway here is that the preview of the watch faces that show the location instead of the temperature actually show the temperature. Check this out---the preview image of the third face above displays the temp. However, once you back out to the actual watch face, it reverts to location.

PXL_20230808_155535299.jpg

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Dabogues @DrPeppers Seems like the best thing to do would be to submit this as an Error report to let Samsung know about the systemic issue/bug. From the Samsung Members app, select Support at the bottom, then find feedback.

Dabogues
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Not sure how much good it will do, however, since the Samsung watch faces appear to know how to handle it.

0 Likes
Varzil
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
Did you backup the watchface fm an old watch & restoret onto Watch6? That might possibly be what is confusing W6.
0 Likes