JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4 LTE network compatibility

(Topic created: 12-31-2021 01:19 PM)
UNC1RLM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

has the software been updated. I am buying a S21 (unlocked) (not Ultra) and I have the 46mm Classic LTE. In USA. who offers a easy watch setup with there network service and best on for seniors. I have trac Phone who was just aquired by verizon but they say they don't offer it?

I have read some posts from 3 years ago that it was a nightmare to set up the watch with say T-Mobile etc.

Thanks for some feedback. greets and Be safe!!

Happy New Year for all of us 🙂

BobM.

3 Replies
TheGodElement
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hey there! T-mobile Retail employee here! I've worked a few wireless carriers in my short time here, I can definitely say across the board that Watch LTE support among all carriers has been much more adamant! One thing I would want to mention, T-mobile/Sprint or otherwise, depending on the carrier for the best results in utilizing the Watch LTE with your phone, you may end up having to switch out of Tracphone! For instance in the Tmobile end, we usually have to have both the voice line and watch line within the same account in order to have the best experience with the two!

I can not speak that all carriers are this way nowadays, however it never hurts to ask! Given you have unlocked phones, you won't have much issue with any carrier! Perks of no financing right? Lol

Hope this helps you in isolating your search!
Solution
HH2016
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
In order to have the watch plan, you will need to be on one of the post pay account for you phone on one of the carriers such AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, etc. The setup and plans of offer is similar. You can not just get the plan for watch on one if the carrier and have your phone service on the other. For Samsung watch, the biggest challenge is to setup the numberSync between your watch and phone. BTW, NumberSync is the AT&T term, others have sightly different names for it, but the functions are the same. It normally require you to creat an online account and go through some steps to activate the numberSync services after you have your watch activated on the carrier network. Not like apple watch, the process is automatically embedded during the watch service activation.
UNC1RLM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you both. Answered as best as possible...:)

BobM.

0 Likes