JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch won't automatically switch to WiFi all the time

(Topic created: 12-29-2018 09:47 AM)
Cormaster
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't get why exactly but when i go from bluetooth to WiFi like when my phone is charging and I'm still wearing my watch, it usually will just notify me I'm in standalone mode and won't switch until i go into settings and tell it to connect to my wifi network.  My former Android Wear watch did this seemlessly without me noticing but this watch i often lose my notifications when I'm trying to top my phone off and I'm still wearing the watch around the house . Going in and out of bluetooth range basically makes the feature worthless. When it does automaticly switch it's usually after 10 minutes of being on standalone mode. So what gives?

91 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

@mio_ri could you please provide me with your service provider?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
mio_ri
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm not sure if I understand correctly. But my provider from who I bought watch is A1 (Croatia). Is this what you need or?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for this information! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userfXeYkokjvu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

It seems to me it's a general problem and you should addressed regardless where people are reporting from!!!

How can a serious company champion half solutions instead of addressing them?

It's so hard to give a time frame if or when will this be solved??

I have the same issue here, and since all watchs are produced at the same place does it matter if the solution works for US costumers or not? 

0 Likes
userfXeYkokjvu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Now the moderator decides to appear. To censor and already censored on my reply.

For that efficiency seems a plus on Samsumg way of doing things

0 Likes
FatalSon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have similar issues.

- Disconnect G Watch by turning OFF BT on phone

- WIFI is on automatic

- G watch can't connect to WIFI, it keeps repeating the login procedure, but can't connect. 

- Only Forget Netwerk and enter password again helps. 

Samsung, please fix or give tips.

Thanks! 

0 Likes
dangogo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So many complaints about a basic feature that doesn't work properly, and so far, no formal acknowledgment from Samsung about an anticipated fix that should be on its way to our devices already... 

WAKE UP Samsung!!!

This is your latest flagship smartwatch model that should be updated frequently, especially for such broken feature issues. 

I must say,  it is quite embarrassing that it takes so long...

0 Likes
userSngoVU9cPE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue on Galaxy watch LTE model. When wifi is enabled, it will get stuck in "connecting" status and never actually connect. You must forget Network from watch settings and manually connect. Next time does the same thing again, must forget and manually connect with password to network.

Seems that the wifi auto profile sync from wear app may be culprit and probably on sync wiping out or corrupting the password it sync for wifi back to watch. I just turned the feature off now, hopefully that works. Luckily I'm on LTE for data, but have to imagine that being stuck connecting to wifi has to be a battery drain. 

0 Likes
Galaxy46mm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just got my watch on 28th Dec. Same issues here already. I thought everything was ok from last night. Until today, after I came home from work and try to open my Spotify. And then I found out that my wifi is on but yet it is NOT connecting to my home wifi. It just kept connecting and connecting. Until I hit the forget network and re-enter the password to finally get connected. That's mean I will have to re-enter my password again to login to my Spotify again. Any fix on this issues yet? Please and thank you!!

0 Likes
useriO7UHS6wWW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had a similar problem to you, I reset my WiFi by literally switching it off. It works now but it won't connect to 5ghz networks because it's not supported.

0 Likes