JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do I disable the back button during workouts on my Galaxy Watch6 Classic?

(Topic created: 08-31-2023 06:09 AM)
erollins77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

During workouts, if you press and hold the back button, it pauses the workout. My wrist sometimes presses against the button and pauses the workout. This happens specially while riding my bikes and I move my wrist back and forward.

Apparently, the galaxy watch 6 classic has this new feature that you can press and hold the back button to pause a workout. Is there a way to disable this feature? You can still pause the workout is you want by pressing the back button and selecting from the menu "pause."

Please, help! This is so aggravating. I have to constantly check my watch to ensure that I'm not missing anything. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't believe that there is a way to reprogram that button.  Having said that many of not most of the watches sensors work more reliably and more accurately if the watch is worn back away from the wrist.  Perhaps try loosening it a bit and moving it an inch or so back from the wrist and see if it stays there during your workout and resolves the issue. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
erollins77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I use gloves while riding my bikes. I have move loosen the band and move the watch away from my wrist, but still have that problem. I even leave my left glove unbutton to see if it helps, but nothing. After researching this issue, I'm not the only one this having problem. It will be nice if the next software update, you have the option of disabling the press and hold back button to pause a workout.

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

There are thousands of people who want a new feature in the next software release so the turn around on getting a feature added is quite long unfortunately.  I'll add @Samsung_Moderator  to this and perhaps he can flag this thread as a feature request. 

Being kind of a MacGiver what I would do is find and buy a cheap watch case on Amazon that has button covers.  Then either use Super Glue to freeze the covers in place or rip them off so that the case itself prevents the button from being pressed.... Should work for under  10 bucks.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
userRn4YefmXfz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Perhaps, you would like to change the orientation/button position of the watch when riding a bike, so that the buttons face inwards?
Screenshot_20230831_104045_Galaxy Watch4 Manager.jpg
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes