JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

International Galaxy Watch 5 keeps factory resetting on phone reboot on rooted device.

(Topic created: 01-05-2023 03:04 PM)
riva_uwu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I recently got a Galaxy Watch 5 as a gift for christmas, but every time i reboot my phone it completely breaks the connection and makes me factory reset the watch (It tries to reconnect, but tells me the watch needs to be setup as a new device). This happens on every single reboot. I have had to re-setup the watch 3 times this morning because of this. IDK if it is a bug, or a known issue, but i might just return the watch if this persists. It is extremely annoying, especially given i use the auto-restart feature on the phone health app. If anyone could give me any pointers or help it would be appreciated. Its a galaxy watch 5 (non-pro) and my phone is a SM-N960F (Dual-Sim Note9 BTU CSC Exynos 9810 SoC) (The phone bootloader is unlocked, I am running TWRP v3.7.0, and the phone is rooted) Thank you.

2 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Have you uninstalled/reinstalled the Wear app?   Other than that I can't help you as I know nothing about rooting. 

You would be better off asking for help on an Android forum or XDA Developers. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

0 Likes