JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Issues with the alarms on galaxy phone syncing to galaxy watch 4 LTE

(Topic created: 06-03-2023 01:29 AM)
usermpOh9O1B9X
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and got a Galaxt watch 4 LTE back in Dec 2021. I have a daily alarm on my phone set to wake me up and it had always gone off on my watch 4 LTE every day  without being connected to my phone via bluetooth. At the end of April, I started having problems with the watch getting disconnected from the phone even when the phone was in my hand and watch on my wrist. My battery was not even lasting 12 hrs at times and prior to this, my watch 4 battery would last 24- 36hrs when bluetooth was never connected. after those issues I realized the alarm was not going off on my watch anymore either. I was sent a warranty phone. That warranty phone was having the same issues of disconnecting, battery needed charged 6 times in 28 hrs, alarm on phone not going off on my watch. I was sent another warranty watch with same issues as well. Got a brand new Watch 5 LTE and same issues again. The battery is not even lasting 24 hrs!  No one from t mobile nor samsung has been able to provide a solution.  I checked notifications in the wearable app on my phone and the Samsung clock app does not appear there so, I can't enable or even see if notifications are disabled because the app is not there. Does anyone know why this is happening? I saw something about having to now be connected via bluetooth for alarms set on either device to alert on the other device but I'm not sure it's true. If it is, that is a HUGE downgrade from before. I shouldn't have to set an alarm on both devices so I can get notified on both. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. I can certainly understand your concern with the alarms on your S21 Ultra not syncing with your Galaxy watch 4 LTE and would be happy to look into this further for you. When your phone is connected to your watch through Bluetooth, alarms you have set on the phone will be heard on both devices. However, the alarms will not sync or appear in the Alarm app on the watch. When you add or edit an alarm on the watch, the alarm will show on the watch or will be removed once deleted.

Please Note: Available screens and settings may vary by wireless service provider, software version, and model. Alarms will automatically be silenced on your watch when Theater mode is turned on. Give this link a try for more information about managing alarms on your Samsung Smart Watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084103/

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps provided and are still experiencing connection symptoms with you watch give this link a try: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Watch-4-classic-keeps-on-disconnecting-and-unable-t...

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
userD7sd4jj0DE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I experienced a similar issue with daily alarm sync with my GW5pro when i upgraded my phone from a Galaxy S9+ to a Galaxy S20+. The GW5Pro synced flawlessly with the S9, but the S20 has been and continues to be very inconsistent. So maybe its a phone issue(?). I tried all kinds of tweaks and settings with no luck. The only workaround i found that works is to set alarms on the watch only. Kinda sucks, but that's where i am....
0 Likes
paulies
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Me too. Very fustrating
0 Likes
AlexOOOO
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
check your device's firmware updates as well as any app updates. i never had any issues with my GW3 and GW5Pro with both my GS10+ and GS23 Ultra with synced up alarms. Have you try the watch and phone diagnostics?
0 Likes
usermpOh9O1B9X
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've tried everything. I have spent many hours on the phone speaking with T mobile and Samsung and no one seems to know why it's happening. Someone will say they won't sync unless connected via bluetooth, then someone else says no that's not the case they should be syncing without issues. I can't get a straight answer from anyone. I've checked all updates, un paired, re paired, checked all notifications etc. The same thing has happened on 4 watches.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. I can certainly understand your concern with the alarms on your S21 Ultra not syncing with your Galaxy watch 4 LTE and would be happy to look into this further for you. When your phone is connected to your watch through Bluetooth, alarms you have set on the phone will be heard on both devices. However, the alarms will not sync or appear in the Alarm app on the watch. When you add or edit an alarm on the watch, the alarm will show on the watch or will be removed once deleted.

Please Note: Available screens and settings may vary by wireless service provider, software version, and model. Alarms will automatically be silenced on your watch when Theater mode is turned on. Give this link a try for more information about managing alarms on your Samsung Smart Watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084103/

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps provided and are still experiencing connection symptoms with you watch give this link a try: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Watch-4-classic-keeps-on-disconnecting-and-unable-t...

0 Likes