cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userkp48vrP5Wr
Asteroid

Re: New Galaxy Watch 46mm wake-up gesture not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is a huge software problem and Samsung is aware of it, but they haven't  fixed it yet. 

You will realise most of your sensors do not work, including step counter and heart rate monitor. Samsung told me to go in to the nearest service centre, but don't bother because I went yesterday and the technician said he can't  fix it. It has to come from Samsung HQ. It seems like this issue started as early as April this year and still no fix from Samsung and they have the nerve to keep selling watches knowing they won't work.

I am going to round up everyone with this issue and then we can make this issue go viral on all social media platforms. Potential customers/victims should be warned in advance.

userRO17PUaUgx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue. I've read every page of this thread, and tried every fix listed. I've tried a hard reset too. Mine is paired with a Galaxy S9. It waked up about 25%. Very frustrating, as this is my first experience with a smart watch. 

userXMXFnS71Rs
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Count me in as well. 46mm. Worked for about 2 months. Now Wake-Up and AOD don't work. Tried reset and different watch faces. Paired w/ S8+.

userdkxexjiEM8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had mine for 3 hours and it started to do this after an update.  I worked out that the "Goodnight mode" is automatically turned on by the update, which seems odd.  I did a hard reset (default paranoia position with tech), rebooted and then turned Goodnight mode off.  So far so good.  If there are any more updates, my suggestion would be to check if this setting has been altered afterwards.

userdpbLj7ABbj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok people.. to whoever still has a problem with the watch not turning on when raising your wrist.. a few things I checked on and one of them worked not sure which tho but I have my suspicions.

- the watched did this when I had about 33% charge, fixed after charging. 

- make sure the gesture is turned on (obviously)

- lastly which I think is the main one is make sure the night time mode is turned off.. that usually stops notifications and noted that also stops the watch lighting up when raised..

Hope that helps..

userflunuqHZTR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My Galaxy watch developed the exact same problem after only 6 weeks of ownership. After trying all the community suggestions without resolution, I sent my watch back for warranty repair. I just received notification that they: "REPLACED PBA - REPLACED COMPONENT - S/W UPDATED". They were quick to find the problem. I haven't receive it yet to try it out. Hope this is the fix as this issue has consumed way too much of time trying to find a solution.
userZN3mJWgGVx
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Turning off "Goodnight mode" got the wake up gesture to work for me.

Tried resetting, backup/restore and everything else I could think of....

userVJDAD6Yg5i
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You may have do not distrub mod on. Turn it off and then turn off and on  wake up  gesture and it will fix it 

userJtVa3NVgJd
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks guys. I had the same problems with wrist raise wake up & always on functions. It's the Good Night function on that disables it  All fixed Cheers 

user91Fd2dPHhX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Not sure if this helps, but my galaxy watch did not come alive by lifting my wrist either; I turned off "night mode" (half moon at 12 o'clock) and now the watch turns on every time. The night mode stays always on.