JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch 46mm wake-up gesture not working

(Topic created: 08-27-2018 12:18 PM)
userkBFDq3UShG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased a new Galaxy Watch 46mm and everything is working good except for the wake-up gesture. It probably seems like 1/30 times I can get it to wake up, otherwise not. I looked in the settings and the wake-up gesture is enabled and I tested turning the option off then back on, but no luck.

How can I fix this??

JUMP TO SOLUTION
189 Replies
usergkIzYa3ZNV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I found the issue with mine was that I had somehow turned on theater mode.   Turned that off and all worked again,  self inflicted problem.

0 Likes
userh6IuKtWEMQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the same problem with the always on and the wake up 

0 Likes
user6dx63HBNTy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just had the same problem  after leving it in the charger  for a week . (I was away on bussines) . I have read ALL possible solutions . The watch is 3 months old and I can not believe I am going through this song and dance. Also I noticed that out of 12 faces on my phone I only see 10 on the watch . This was bouth with a GALAXY S9+. My eternal fear is that SAMSUNG and GOOGLE are not talking as closely as they should

0 Likes
uservqmXVSoWxM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Model Number : SM-R800

0 Likes
UnlikeLiam
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@uservqmXVSoWxM wrote:

Model Number : SM-R800

Hi 

Are you also experiencing the same issue? Have you tried the steps above?

Many Thanks

UnlikeLiam 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

thank you. i just got the 42mm GW and yes, when i changed it back to the default watch face, i have no issue with turning my wrist and the watch display lights up. however, if i used a custom face, it does not work.

Thanks for the tip!

0 Likes
userU8sJuF0RjC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same problem - needs fixing...

0 Likes
king Roger
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
turning goodnight mode off will fix this.
0 Likes
userirthyTqIXR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Turn off your good night mode .it will work .

0 Likes
userOF5JooKT8b
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I too am in the medical field and just got the new galaxy watch.  I previously had the original LG urbane with wear OS.  I am shocked to find that the new galaxy watch does not have wrist gestures so that I can scroll through text messages with the simple flick of the wrist.  How can this not be on the new watch?