JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 02-26-2020 09:50 AM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

446 Replies
userM5X0qxbzYB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had my watch about 3 weeks and this morning the step counter just stopped working. 

I don't have the elliptical on, so that's not it. I found one YouTube video that said use a watch face that doesn't have the counter on it. That DOES work, but I want the steps on the face. There has to be a fix other than that?

0 Likes
Ydania
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userM5X0qxbzYB 

It sounds like the hardware is working being that it does work in general just not with that face. It could be a software glitch. I would recommend factory resetting it and going from there. 

1. Turn the Galaxy Watch Active2 off.
  2. Press and hold the Power key until REBOOTING displays at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Press the Power key three times quickly until the Select REBOOT MODE screen displays.
  4. Press the Power key several times to highlight ' Recovery'.
  5. Press and hold the Home key for three seconds to select, until the Galaxy Watch Active2 begins rebooting.
0 Likes
userBzqIqsy1lG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

It's day 3 of wearing my new Galaxy Active 2 watch. The step count is wildy overstated and incrementing when I sleep, drive and sit at my deck.  I understand a SW update in late Sept was intended to fix this but I am not seeing an improvement. Steps are important to me. I'm trying to decide if I should keep or return. Is anyone else having the same issue or know of a fix?

mtorres75
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the same issue. This is the reason I gave up my fitbit because the step count was extremely off and would count steps while sitting down at my desk. My galaxy active 1 used to notify me when I needed to get up and walk and give me an option to stretch. After awhile it stopped doing that and would just count me as moving when I am sitting down. The active 2 is doing the same. It will notify me that I have been inactive and as soon as I look at my watch to see the notification it quickly goes to great you are active again when all I did was lift my arm to look at my watch. It is very inconsistent and I too would like to know if this will be fixed otherwise I will be giving it up and going back to my fossil q wander. 

0 Likes
userxOnFiIxyk6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the opposite problem. I regularly get 10,000 steps at work alone and since switching to the Active 2 from Fitbit, I am averaging 4000. It doesn't count my flights of stairs either. So far I am very disappointed in the watch.

userOV698bam1K
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I agree with the OP.  The watch will increment the number of steps even though I haven't moved.  I'm also on the latest version of software.  

0 Likes
mudbug70
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the same problem as you are.  I went from a Fitbit to the Active 2, and it is A LOT harder to get my steps in.  I went from getting 8-10,000/day to having to struggle to get 4000.  

Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the watch's step counting?

0 Likes
userElROw9bZGb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am playing the piano and the watch thinks that I am walking. It looks like a useless device to me.

0 Likes
userm1EYzgaHSR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So is there a fix? 

0 Likes
userQOilvUoFGF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is all unhelpful.  Up until today my Gear S3 has counted steps fine.  I had to reset as the watch doesn't play well with iPhone, and now it will only count steps when on a watchface that doesn't have a step counter!!!!! 

I've tried all the suggestions here but no dice.

Is there an update here re whether the current software has a fix - 

HELP SAMSUNG!!!!

0 Likes