JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 09-07-2018 11:52 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

446 Replies
uservYLWV30yXz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just bought the rose gold 42mm on black friday and I am having this issues as well. When I carry my note 9 with me all day long in addition to having my watch on the phone always has several thousand steps more than the watch. The watch also seems to go through periods of time where it isnt counting any steps at all, then jumps forward like 10 steps and starts counting again. 

0 Likes
Willow0wl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yeah I got the Galaxy Watch for my birthday on Nov 23 and I do about 9000 to 10000 steps a day with my Gear Fit 2; but now this watch says I only do 4000-5000 steps a day. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

Bought the 42mm midnight black in the UK last week LTE version and has the same problem. Doesn't count steps accurately, HR in temperamental as is the sleep tracking AND floors is inaccurate. Very disappointed with Samsung and have always been a loyal customer, TV's, smartphones, fridges etc and have always spoken highly of Samsung to people. Never had any problems with any products until this watch.

I am so glad I kept my fitbit ionic and didn't sell it. After a week of tracking on both devices, galaxy watch is way off by around 40%. Tried all the fixes on this forum and none of them work. Galaxy watch is going back!!!

Tempted to convert to Apple as I love the new iPhone X and the Apple watch actually works.

Samsung have lost their touch! And a lot of customers if this forum is anything to go by. Disgraceful.

0 Likes
usercx64yZzeMP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having the same problem... No floors counted and very few steps counted. Support didn't help me either, they just had me download the manual (which I had already read). I have tried everything I can find online (like your suggestion to turn off elliptical/rowing). I tried restarting multiple times, and a hard reset twice (at the advice of another support tech), but I'm not going to perform a hard reset every day to get the watch to work how it should, especially at the watch's price point.

Mizzy1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I did all those steps as well and it has not fixed the hr issue..this is VERY FRUSTRATINGWoman Sad

0 Likes
danwms
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Registering as another user with the same issue. Don't mind waiting for a fix but want acknowledgement soon or I'll be checking out android Wear options..

0 Likes
Mizzy1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

We think alike cuse I been on the internet looking at android wear watches smh! I can't have a watch cost me so much money, but can't read my hr in always mode..I should not have to turn off all auto modes to try to make hr work and I did allllllllllll the trouble shooting and did what the samsung moderators said to do and guess what🤔 the hr still will not work..I returned the 1st watch brand new watch and got another brand new rose gold galaxy watch and it has the same issue! I can not and will not do a master reset every dayor go thru all the power phone off then on and all the stuff because the watch is supposed to operate without all the extra steps! SAMSUNG HELP US OUT HERE OR WE WILL EASILY BUY ANOTHER BRAND WATCH:watch:

0 Likes
userrVrEPxnyTH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm pretty frustrated with my steps still.  My watch has about 750 steps while the phone nearly counts 3,000.  It's not even close.  

Will there be a software update??

0 Likes
Mizzy1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

🤔🤦🏻‍:female_sign:I do not know how or when samsung will fix the hr issue🙁😢🤬

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

We can not speculate on the release of future updates.

0 Likes