Original topic:

No Messages app

(Topic created: 11-30-2020 01:21 PM)
usereuVsGEMQ4J
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a new Galaxy 3 and am still trying to figure everything out.  Biggest issue is I can't seem to find the Messages app on the watch. 

I'm using an iPhine with the latest iOS.  I've installed the Galaxy Watch app but there is no Messages app that I can find.

I'm also not recieving any messages on the watch.  I do receive notifications just not messages.

Any ideas what I can try next?

Thanks,

Richard

0 Likes
7 Replies
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

What messaging app are you using on your device?

Have you confirmed the messaging app you are using is compatible with Galaxy Watch 3?

0 Likes
usereuVsGEMQ4J
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

The problem is I can't find any messaging app on the watch.

I'm using the iOS standard app on my iPhone.

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

You can try searching in the galaxy store for a messaging app that may work with your Galaxy Watch 3.

0 Likes
usereuVsGEMQ4J
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've looked at the Galaxy Store and as far as I can tell there are no messaging apps that look like they might work.

Does anybody know if it is possible to get messages from an iPhone to a Galaxy Watch 3?

0 Likes
Solution
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

hello @usereuVsGEMQ4J 

I do not believe the watch is compatible with messaging using an iPhone. It has to be an android phone, and for best messaging experience using the watch, you would need a Samsung phone.

userzTegAFwHYX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

First off are you looking for the correct icon. The icon should be blue, have a messzge bubble, and three white dots. Second how are you trying to find it? Are you swiping from the right side of the screen to the left twice?

0 Likes
usereuVsGEMQ4J
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am swiping from the right but there is no message bubble with 3 white dots.

These are the only apps that I can see on the watch:

IMG_5057.JPGIMG_5058.JPGIMG_5059.JPG

0 Likes