Original topic:

Can anyone help !!!! No remote connection to watch after phone update

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
LAB68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Update:::
 Took to service center. Nothing wrong with watch or phone. It's the software update from Samsung. Was told to wait for next update and that should fix it. Contacted Samsung support. They told me it's Verizon's problem. Unbelievable.

I have the S24 with Verizon and my galaxy watch 5 will not remote connect after update, reset watch and nothing. Samsung support informed me it was my watch. Upgraded to watch 6. Still no remote connection, even reset watch 6. Contacted Samsung support and they tell me I need to take it in to get repaired. This is ridiculous. It's a new watch a day old. It has to be a problem on their side. Everything worked fine until May 1st after security patch update.
21 Replies
LAB68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I added a picture GridArt_20240520_135931394_1000005861_1716227971.jpg
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your watch not working for remote connection. Just to clarify, do you have remote connection in your setting as I see it available in the picture?

0 Likes
LAB68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes it is in my setting and it is turned on
0 Likes
LAB68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
My galaxy watch will not vibrate, make a sound or show the notification symbol when I receive a text message. I have reset the watch. Sound and vibration is on. Notification is turn on for my message app, wrist detection is off. Etc ... This is only happening while using number share with my watch. 

Remote connection hasn't worked since the last software update. 
No issues with watch. Was confirmed at a Samsung service center 
LAB68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
No I haven't enabled it on my phone. I will try now
0 Likes
LAB68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Also my watch is the LTE version
0 Likes
LAB68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have it on now and it's saying no other devices1716324223974.jpg
0 Likes
LAB68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Galaxy watch 6 LTE when connected to S24 plus by Bluetooth will show notification from Google messages on watch and vibrate with sound. When not connected with Bluetooth and using number share incoming Google messages will not show on watch, no vibrate or sound. 

I will not even know if I received a text message unless I actually look at the message app on the watch. Notification is on for Google messages, sound and vibrate is also on. Watch has been reset several times and has been taken to service center. Nothing wrong with watch. 

Also incoming call will show notification, vibrate and sound. It's only a problem with Google messages or Samsung messages. Is their a problem with messages on the last wearable app forced update????
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
I also have the Watch6 Classic LTE, and I was disappointed to learn that my LTE watch is not capable of texting as a standalone device. My carrier, Google Fi, informed me of this when I brought this issue up with their tech support. They even sent me a Samsung link where it's stated that standalone texting may not work on their LTE watches. This sure takes away any reason for purchasing an LTE watch! This is likely the cause of your issue, too.
0 Likes