JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not getting notifications at all on Watch 7 Ultra

(Topic created: 07-26-2024 06:53 AM)
Wes18
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hi guys. I tried looking around for some answers and I did all the suggestions i.e, making sure apps are allowed to give notifications, get notifications when phone not in use, I even resetted it twice. I remember it was working when I first set it up but now I'm not getting notifications AT ALL. 

Any help will be much appreciated. I'm at a point of frustration and on the verge of retuning this thing and keeping my watch 6 classic. 
14 Replies
Mac-18
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Maybe try watch settings in wearable app? Under notifications check help with notifications
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Have you checked if DND is enabled on your phone? If Notifications aren't allowed on your phone, they won't be sent to the watch.
Wes18
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hi Mac and LongHiker, how are you both?

Yeah, unfortunately I did both what you guys and nothing seems to be working.

Thank you for stopping by and helping me out. It's much appreciated!
0 Likes
Wes18
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've been tinkering with this watch as soon as I woke up and it is driving me nuts lol. I've seen and approached every avenue available to me and I have yet to find an answer. I am getting notifications via the red/orange dot to the left of the screen but it's not really notifying me the second it comes in via vibration and or sound. I usually have it muted only having the vibration on but I turned everything on out of desperation.

Any Samsung reps out here? Is there a bug we should know about?

How about my other fellow Ultra/7 Watch users experiencing this issue because I am at a loss. My next course of action is to get a hold of a tech but if that doesn't work out, I'm returning this thing.
0 Likes
Solution
Wes18
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Update: I think I have found the issue. (Well hopefully. I don't know if it'll go back doing it's thing.)

On Google messages (the app that wasn't giving me notifications) I uninstalled it on the Google play store but instead of it completely uninstalling, it gave me the option to "update" it. So I pushed that and once it updated, I opened the app, picked my account I wanted to use for texting and tested it by bugging my brother. It worked! I was getting notifications BEAUTIFULLY on both my watch and phone.

Hopefully this is a permanent fix but we shall see.
0 Likes
Craig1972
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just set up new Galaxy Watch Ultra. Not vibrating for text messages. Vibrates for all other notifications but not text messages. I get the red dot on the left side of the face for the notification but I don't get the vibration, which I need. I've reset watch and restarted phone and still nothing. Changed the settings on the watch and still no vibration for texts. 

LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Craig1972 Make sure that the notification on your phone for the messages app allows sound and vibration. 

Also in the Wearable app

1. Click Watch settings
  2. Click Notifications
  3. Click App notifications
  4. Click the Messages app
  5. Ensure that "Custom watch notification style" is OFF. Or, if it is ON, ensure that it is not set to Silent. 
Craig1972
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I believe the last option (turning off the custom notification) worked. Thank you for the info!!! :sports_medal:
RonnyS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Nothing seemed to work for me yet. I've tried multiple things
0 Likes