Original topic:

Not receiving calls and notifications on Galaxy watch 5 Pro BT when away from phone

(Topic created: Thursday)
andre23
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Here if late I have not been getting my notifications and receiving phone calls on my GW5 pro. They have been coming sporadically. I have triple checked to make sure both watch and phone software is up to date. Could it be that since I use a Note 20 5G Ultra, it may be outdated now?

3 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Is your watch an LTE or BT version?  If it's a BT version and your watch is out of BT range from your phone, you will not get notifications or phone calls until it's reconnected unless you have remote connection turned on (older phones may not have this setting, in which case both the watch and phone have to be on the same wi-fi network to remain connected).  If it's an LTE version, you'd have to troubleshoot not getting calls with your carrier.  On an LTE version, notifications will not come to your watch for any app not also installed on your watch (like FB messenger) when disconnected from your phone.

0 Likes
andre23
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
BT version
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Then you have to stay in BT range of your phone. Check your wear app for remote connection setting and slide it on. Both devices need to be on Wi-Fi to remain connected when out of BT range. It's in watch settings, advanced features. If there is no remote connection setting, then both devices have to be on the same wi-fi network to be connected when out of range.
0 Likes