Options
Galaxy Watch

The feature would be really helpful and would help a lot of people

11 Replies
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
ARQ123
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes! We want Google Assistant on the watch!!

Solution
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi there. 

Please see the following story and see if it helps. However, please note there are several steps involved that the average user may not be comfortable with. As with TizenOS and recent updates, it's really preferred that you use Bixby and all the features it has to offer. 

However, should you really desire Google Assistant, there is a way to do it by starting in the Galaxy Apps store

https://9to5google.com/2019/07/19/google-assistant-samsung-galaxy-watch/

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
userlOuiblYM8A
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi,

I could not get through the first step

1. Download GAssist apps on your Watch and Phone

I do not see the app "GAssist" on the galaxy store. Is it because I have a S3 frontier? Is there any other way I download it?

0 Likes
userlOuiblYM8A
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I see it today.

0 Likes
user6IVkTireBF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

All of the reply's to these kinds of messages are annoying.  Samsung needs to be more like Google and less like Apple.... Seriously Pure Android is a thing for a reason.. because it's the best way to run an android device.. Sorry but when the first thing I do is disable and uninstall everything I can samsung and get google stuff loaded on here, that means there is a huge problem.  I mean Bixby is a joke... Google assistant is really good and needs to at least be an option.. My watch only has Bixby and YOU HAVE TO HIT A BUTTON TO USE IT????... This is so sad.. My watch is for in the car so I don't have to pick up the phone while I am walking or doing other things.. I do not ever want to have to hit buttons on my watch.  Even Wear OS works better than your crappy TizenOS on the watch.. I wish you could take the things you do well and help make Android better.. not just do whatever you want and hope people like it.  I miss my google Nexus phones and my wearOS... Yes I just said I miss my horrible wearOS!!!  No apps designed for your stupid watch OS.  Seriously.. you make some of the best hardware and then cripple it with your software and forcing us to use what you WANT US TO USE!!!  The whole reason I use Android is so I can do what i want with it.  I am really annoyed that you put sales out there to make me have no choice but to pay a lot more for what I really want or know I need to get the samsung because it's on sale and affordable, only on sale of course. My S9+ can't record video in 4k 30 or 60 frames with an aftermarket app because Samsung doesn't allow other apps to use their hardware... hmmmmm this is more and more sounding like Apple.. Some of this I could deal with if we had the option of what assistant we wanted to use... When you realize that everyone wants Google assistant, then you can dumb Bixby and put that time into making Android OS better and not just your crappy version of it.  I wish we could get the products we want and not this garbage.  I am so glad I still have my wearOS watch.. it will be used more than my new Galaxy Active 2 watch just because my golf app works on it, the OS is far more useful without having to hit any buttons to operate the stupid watch......  Seriously.. everything should be done with swipes... and you can use the buttons if you want.  I dont' understand how there are so many posts on how to UN Samsung your phones and watches.. but you don't seem to care to give us options.  Sorry but if I want to uninstall TizenOS and load stock android on my phone, I should be able to do that and still have access to everything the phone can do, or heck, just use the already amazing, fast incredibly useful and amazing stock android OS on all your phones.  I would never even think about what phone I want.. I would just get my Samsung every single time without question.  But since that is not reality.. I have to research what phone to get every single time it's time to upgrade.  

Msxxplorer
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes, I am having a BIG TIME issue with this last up-date. How can Samsung or Google make me add unwanted cookies on my account with AT&T. WE DO NOT PAY EITHER Google or Samsung. I WAS paying AT&T, because of update & DEFULT added now I am unable to manage my account unless I change my COOKIES to allow 3rd party cookies.. I ve never & I never will, so new IPhone for free sounds real good right now! Oh heck yea, been with Samsung for 20 yrs. This new update, doesn't look like it meets my needs by by Samsung unless they Uninstall this last update.. Real quick!
userIQ7bka0szC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, this kind of works after jumping through a lot of hoops.

Especially as you now have to re-sign the tpk to get it to install as the current Galaxy Store version has been broken by an update.

However, this doesn't actually integrate with your phone like the wear OS version does.

And a lot of stuff doesn't work...

Can't control Spotify, Can't navigate were the two I found before giving up on it.

Why can't Samsung just give us a proper Google assistant, instead of trying to force us to use Bixby.

userIQ7bka0szC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Not a solution, sorry.

This is already broken, and even if you are able to work around the issues to get it running, it does not work very well.