Original topic:

Samsung apps running in the background

(Topic created: 09-25-2023 07:04 PM)
JRStewart
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Galaxy Wearable Music, SOS, etc randomly run in the background on Galaxy Watch 4 even when I don't use the apps. I stop them from running in the background and lo and behold, they show up just minutes later running in the background again. This was never an issue before this one UI 5/Wear OS4 update. Samsung please, please fix this ASAP. 

80 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, thank you for explaining! Here is something you can do. With the watch off, press both buttons until Samsung and "rebooting" appears underneath, then immediately press the Power/Home button many times until a menu appears. Tap the power button to scroll down to "Recovery" then hold the button to select. The watch will boot into Recovery Mode. Using the back/bottom button to scroll, highlight Wipe cache partition, then tap power to select and confirm on the following screen. Reboot from the original menu with the power button. If this doesn't work, something else you could try would be to reinstall the Galaxy Wearables app. May I ask if you have set up the options related to Safety and Emergency in your watch? The Media Controller is used for the Spotify app.

Manda07
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Great advice! I just tried it and it's the same thing happened.

Yes, I do have a persons info on the safety and emergency.

Would it mess up the watch if I uninstalled the music and the health platform from the watch? I even tried to force stop the health platform app and it did not work either.
Manda07
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Okay, I have a theory! I reset everything again and I'm still having the same issue. I just changed watch faces and I am not seeing any apps in the background once I did that. I switched back to the face watch I had and the background apps came back. I'm still testing it, but Samsung may need to do something about the new stretch app watch face. šŸ¤·ā€:female_sign:
0 Likes
Manda07
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
The health platform is only 0.2%.

The most frequent app that plays in the background when I have the stretch time watch face is something called wearable music. Which I don't use and it's not showing up in the battery and device section.
0 Likes
David-NYC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had exactly the same issue with Stretch Time face.  Wearable Music kept running in the background and KILLING the battery life.  I switched to one of the standard watch faces, and while Wearable Music still starts from time to time (also killing battery), a power down/up seems to stop it from starting itself.  I really wish Samsung would at least acknowledge this problem, and work on a solution.  I have read some posts about using developer mode and adb to disable (or delete) the wearable music app all together.   I'd rather not do that, but I only get about 14 hrs of usable time on my Watch4 when the Wearable Music App launches itself.

Manda07
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I agree with you with everything! It's so frustrating. I filed an error report on here and the finally responded saying everything is how it should be. Now my sleep tracking is coming back faulty now, too. I'm hesitant to delete any apps because I know they all some how work together and it could mess it up further. The wear plugin did an update but that didn't fix anything. šŸ˜ž
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
This is precisely the behavior I am seeing and dealing with multiple times a day. It did not exist during the beta. It is a manifestation of the 1UI5 stable release. I'm getting g kind of tired of it and all these arbitrary bugs that chew up battery power and seem to run in surprise fashion. We should not need to deal with this sort of nonsense. I just had to kill Health Platform again. I am sure I will kill Samsung Music soon too. I could ignore it but after a while these things will add up and start eating substantial amounts of battery power. Besides, I get tired of running herd over stuff I did not startup or use. This stuff gets old fast.
Options
Galaxy Watch
Prior to the recent Wearable app and Samsung Health app updates over the last 3 or so days Health Platform and Galaxy Wearable Music were constantly running in the background on my GW4 Classic. Now that the updates have been installed Samsung Health is also running g in the background. Why is this happening since the end of the beta?

Why do these apps have grayed out blue toggles in the the individual App Info for each of these apps in the Wearable app if we can't toggle them off?

This is nonsense and it just uses battery power. Why suggest a control if we can't actually access the control?

IRStaten
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
The watch is constantly trying to update due to the watch being paired with Samsung health on the phone. To disable you need to go into the phone.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
OK, I'll give that a try
0 Likes