Original topic:

Samsung apps running in the background

(Topic created: 10-20-2023 01:26 PM)
JRStewart
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Galaxy Wearable Music, SOS, etc randomly run in the background on Galaxy Watch 4 even when I don't use the apps. I stop them from running in the background and lo and behold, they show up just minutes later running in the background again. This was never an issue before this one UI 5/Wear OS4 update. Samsung please, please fix this ASAP. 

80 Replies
David-NYC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

After a couple weeks of running fine on a different watch face, the dreaded Galaxy Wear Music app started launching itself again.  This time I went with adb and developer mode and disabled the package samsung.android.wear.musictransfer   There are instructions over on XDA developers forum on how to remove/disable packages for those who are very technically inclined.  I'm putting the Stretch Time face back on, and will report back if it resolves the battery drain issue.

0 Likes
David-NYC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
After a few days, here's what I've noticed 1) disabling samsung.android.wear.musictransfer solved the Wear Music app from running in the background. I've had no negative impact on other apps by doing so 2) Stretched Time face seems to be a battery drainer on its own 3) switched to the premium analog face and my battery life is as good, if not better, than before the WearOS/OneUI update.
0 Likes
Ltd2sport
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having the same problem wearable music, health platform keeps showing up. I also am not using the music app. Help!
Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
It still continues and doesn't matter what watch face I'm using
JRStewart
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
When I close this app from running in the background on my watch 4 it always mysteriously shows back up again not long after. Why? Started happening after the Wear OS 4 update. Thanks. 
Members_akYL3BR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue on the Galaxy watch 6. I do not play music on s23 phone or watch but wearable music starts on its own and is a huge battery drain. Samsung customer service was off no help either.

JRStewart
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yeah it's pathetic. I just check my recent apps periodically and if it's there I close it. I think that's all we can do until the geniusus in South Korea figure out how to fix this bug
Options
Galaxy Watch
Does anyone know why Samsung Music and Health Platform is suddenly running in the background of my GW4 classic? This behavior is new. It was not doing this prior to, or during all 5 releases of the 1UI5 Watch Beta this past summer. My wife's GW4 is also experiencing this behavior. It started abruptly as well. In both cases it started ~3 to 4 weeks ago, although not continuously at first. I can kill the process, but one or the other will startup again in about an hour followed by the other process. This just tends to use battery power as we use neither of them.

I have noticed that Samsung Music running in the background is fairly widespread, but I have not heard about Health Platform doing so other than my own experience. 

Is there any accepted solution to this problem?

VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
How much battery are these apps consuming? For me, the media player and Samsung Health app are always running in the background, but are only using around 0.3% battery.
Options
Galaxy Watch
To be fair it is not a lot of power, more less like what you see, but I been on a tear lately regarding background apps that I don't use, but are running. Both watches are LTE, and we don't have plans with a carrier to implement phone lines, but if we change our minds - we can. But, you'd be amazed at what is running in the background, consuming memory and power with no hope of running.

We get ~2 days and 17 hours out of each watch. I think we can get 3 full days plus, but not with all this junk using power that I don't want and don't need. And besides, this is a problem that cropped up after the beta. It was not a problem then. Something in the final release software is triggering it.