JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 09-17-2020 03:09 AM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
JohnRichard
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

@usertFAO3Lr01I 

@userD7N3AoYFTg 

@FireWalkWithMe 

Question: Do all three of you have an LTE/Data Plan for your watch?  Does it get hot from time/to/time ? The reason I ask is because my wife's watch does have an LTE/Data Plan and does get hot.  I do not have an LTE/Data Plan on my watch and it has never gotten hot.  Wondering if the heat generated with the LTE/Data Plan is heating up the glue and causing some covers to fall off.
FireWalkWithMe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I do have the lte plan. I leave mine on Bluetooth 98% of the time though. It does get it hot though regardless sometimes.
0 Likes
usertFAO3Lr01I
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine is on bluetooth as well, but would get warm at times.  I don't think any warmer than it would being worn.

0 Likes
FireWalkWithMe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I think it's a build quality issue. The adhesive they used to attach the sensor back must be low quality. I had the S2 classic. That watch was well built. The Active 2 not so much unfortunately.
0 Likes
JohnRichard
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey Samsung Mod's... could use some help here to get this resolved!  I've noticed in other similar threads that you offered to help.  Can you lend an assist for me too ?

0 Likes
useregv6WMm0kc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I also had the back of my watch fall off.  I did contact Samsung and I sent my watch to them as they said it would be covered under warranty. It is less than a year old.   Like most of you, they wanted to charge me $82 to repair my watch saying it doesn't "pair".  It was "pairing" just fine when I sent it in. They said nothing about the reason I sent it in . . . the back coming off!  Also, I sent them the watch and the back that had come unglued.  I declined the repair and they promptly sent my watch back and DID NOT return the back of my watch that had fallen off?!@#$%  I will be contacting them in an attempt to get the back of my watch returned! 😞  Unfortunately, Samsung does not plan to honor their warranty. 

user9wMwqYhK4N
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm in the same boat. My watch isn't a year old and the back cover fell off. like you, my watch had never been dropped or put in the water. samsung repaired it and sent it back, no charge. Then the ECG feature became available and out of the 3 watches we have only 1 worked. I called Samsung & sent it in for repair. Samsung then emailed me saying the back cover fell off and the battery had physical damage. it cost me $81 dollars to repair my watch. When I mailed my watch in, it was in perfect condition and was mailed exactly as they requested. Their customer service was terrible and I was hung up on multiple times being transferred to different departments. This latest experience with Samsung has left me so upset, I will never buy a Samsung product again.
0 Likes
usery8J8WXPNAb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just bought this Galaxy Watch Active 2 on 7/15.  I have barely had it 3 months. Today the back cover (sensor cover) just came off?   I tried to attach it but it is not sticky enough any more.

I have only swam in it maybe 3 times since I bought it and always follow the directions to dry it off. I do work out but I am not a heavy sweater  - usually my work consists of walking.

Why would this happen? What do I need to do to have this reparied or replaced.

I am super upset because this cost so much money.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Soo59
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

At least you should still be under warranty, but will have to deal with samsung for the fix, which they should honor. However from all previous posts, it's a recurring problem, even after fix. I've had mine for ten months, but am not encouraged by these posts, to go through the trouble of returning to samsung.  Hate that I always buy all the accessories - cover shields, watchbands - that will go to waste too.

0 Likes
Adam-Nix
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Last week I was waring my galixy wach and the Hr cover on the back of the wach detached and fell off and I am unable to find it. This happens because when the glue holding it on gets warm it starts to become loose. The Hr cover has detached a number of times since I bought it last year on a trip Dubai. I've spoken to Samsung and they cannot help me as it's not a European make. I live in Ireland. Samsung told me the only way I can fix it. Is to go to the Samsung store in the Dubai Mall.

0 Likes