JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 09-25-2020 02:23 PM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
Slingmama
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the same issue, sent a PM to the admin that I see might be working on this issue....

0 Likes
Sophierammer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My back sensor fell off and I am going to try to fix it with E6000 glue it is waterproof glue for jewery. I will let you know how this works. 

Ninjamonkey
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same thing is happening to me too. It came off when I was taking off my watch. Luckily I still have the cover since it was stuck to my wrist because of the adhesive. I was able to "press" it back into the spot but it has come off again about 3 times now. Still have the cover though. I might try the glue trick myself since everyone else seems to be having such a hard time getting it fixed by Samsung since this is clearly a design flaw. Unfortunate!
Sophierammer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Try the E6000 glue, it is made for jewelry like glass beads and metals, it is also waterproof.  I applied it with a paperclip only in the spot were the adhesive tape is suppose to be placed.  I also let it dry for 24 hours. The glue cost is about $7.00.  So far so good everything is working.

JohnRichard
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi @Sophierammer  How long ago di you apply the glue? How's it holding up? Thanks.

0 Likes
JohnRichard
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey @Ninjamonkey    Did you try the Glue Trick?  What glue did you use?  How's it holding up?

0 Likes
Sophierammer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
The E6000 did not work very well. I cleaned the unit and use Gorilla Glue in a one time use package, added weight to the glued area and it has been a week with NO problems. I will keep you posted.
mother2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Interesting, I just sent in my 2 month old watch that wouldn't respond to my touch after mowing my yard.  I was informed it was water damage yet mine had never been submerged in water.  Not to mention this watch is marketed to be used for swimming workouts.  They quoted me 200$ to repair.  I had them mail it back broken for I wasn't paying just a little shy of the cost of a new watch for only 2 months of owning it.  I since have received it back, the the back of the watch is "squishy" and appears to not be reinstalled correctly.  So now the watch is clearly not even remotely water resistant.  Samsung failed miserably on this watch and has a horrible customer service for their warranty.  Why would someone pay the cost of these watches then destroy them in less than a few months on purpose?

0 Likes
userYyJrQ8NUdk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Exactly the same issue with mine today. Am so upset. I saved up for so long for my samsung watch and take such good care of it never going near any water with it. I have the sensor cover but it wont stick back on. cant believe all this money for this to happen..any one able to help? 

0 Likes
userk3X7xGtdX7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Has anyone found a good solution for this? I've had a similar experience and can't find the cover that fell off. I had a similar thing happen with a gear fit 2 that ended up burning and blistering my wrist from overheating after the cover fell off. In that instance samsung had no problem covering the repair since I'd been injured, but now that I'm trying to prevent that from happening again they want me to pay for their faulty design. I've only had the watch for about 8 months.
0 Likes