JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 05-22-2019 02:44 PM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
useriGUp3MWOxM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
omge has this issue been resolved? I'm looking to purchase a watch today but I hike and walk a lot and I definitely don't want these issues
0 Likes
userWBHd5eMSjS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I got a Galaxy Watch 7 months ago and have loved it immensely. However, last week the cover for the heart rate sensor on the back fell off. I could see that adhesive that had held it on was there, but was squishy on no longer able to hold it on.

I sent it in to be serviced and was informed that it was no longer under warranty because of the condition it was in, the reason being that it was water damaged. The watch has never been under water and was still functioning when I sent it in. I argued that even if it was water damaged, the only reason it was was because the cover for the sensor had fallen off, which in itself would be a warranty issue. They did not budge and insisted that I pay for the repairs ($430)

Can anyone think of any advice on other options to proceed, or am I simply out of luck?

Atrebido
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Also happened to me 

They repaired it for free the first time its been 3 months and has happened again ...

Ive been a loyal customer and have owned every watch they have ever made plus numerus phones hard drives etc etc ...

Very dissapointed ....

userYti7yHRUER
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same thing happened to me. Only had my watch a month and the back cover came off. They repaired it for free the 1st time and not even a month later it came off again.  I never get it wet, don't shower with it or swim with it. The only moisture it has gotten is from working out. So disappointing because I really liked my watch.  Not even going to bother contacting to get it fixed. I just put it up and will never buy a Samsung watch again and will make sure to tell everyone the same thing. It's obviously a problem, they need to figure it out.

userlikm3GDFgk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same exact issue I had. The first time they repaired the watch for free after I was on hold and transferred to the incorrect department over and over for 6hrs. The 2nd time there was no external damage nor had I swam with or showered with the watch. They claimed the watch had liquid damage and would not repair it.

Samsung_wfKatPr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Time to look for another phone product! I have learned the hard way warranties aren't worth paper,time or money spent on them!!! I have yet for a guaranteed product whether it was car,phone,walk in tubs,that stood by the promise they gave you!! My advice get the Cheapist up front and replace when broken!!! Really sad.

userwl2Rgpd4w5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I always tell people to get the Best Buy warranty. They will swap it out immediately in most cases. I got this as a gift so I didn't have the warranty and had to send it to Samsung. Total disappointment.

userl0oBGmTRFp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought one in late Jan. and bought the $40 Best Buy warranty. The back fell off in May. I brought it back to the store and they were "shocked" that it happened and exchanged it, but I had to buy another $40. warranty. Good thing.  After 4 months, the back fell off the 2nd one.  Best Buy again, "shocked, never heard of this issue!" I never got them swam or showered or got it wet;  but do wear sunscreen and suspect that could be this issue?

Anyway, am done with a company that refuses to acknowledge a major issue with its product.

userST7oPJ6dZk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This also happened to me. How do I report? I got mine through Verizon should I go through them? I don't want to have to pay a deductible when this is obviously a known issue.

0 Likes
Atrebido
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

So it happened not only once but twice and samsung has basically asked me twice for the same info but has not reached out to me anymore its a shame because it really is a nice watch I actoally just put 3 tiny dots of krazy glue on it and its just like new again ashame they probably loss me as a consumer for such a easy fix