Original topic:

Step counting not working on Galaxy watch 4 classic while using multi-workouts app

(Topic created: 06-11-2022 12:56 PM)
userXxs2YSPTQa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I noticed something odd yesterday with my new 4-classic... I went for a walk and used the "multi-workouts" app. I found that while the app tracked all my steps, the watch's step-counter did not. It showed all steps before and after my "walk" but counting was suspended using the app. More confusing still, was that while the heart-shaped rings showed the walk's time and calories used (? pink ring), it also did not count the walk's steps... Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

3 Replies
Ariscott56
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
You should try force closing Samsung Health on both the phone and the watch, sync from the phone, then relaunch on your watch. Have you also tried connecting Samsung Health to health services from apps on settings? There's not much I can tell you since I'm on the OneUI beta version.Screenshot_20220611_001356_health_312_1654920839.png
userXxs2YSPTQa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

As an iPhone user, I had to activate the watch without a phone (another long, disappointing story)... I can accept the loss of most functions by not having a Samsung phone, but I'm confused as to why the watch doesn't capture all steps, regardless of what app I use...

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with your watch not counting steps properly. Please know the Galaxy Fit, Fit2, and Galaxy Watch4 series cannot be used without a phone. As the watch is not compatible with an iOS device, the watch would not function properly without a phone. Please see this link for more information on the Galaxy watch 4 Classic not being standalone compatible: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078020/