Original topic:

Text alert to Watch 7 and Fold 6

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
irbrenda
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

When wearing the Watch 7 LTE, I can see and hear the text messages.   However, I carry my Fold 6 with me, too, and although the text does go  to the Fold 6, I do not have an audio alert sound.   Shouldn’t both devices alert me?    Why does the Fold 6 not have sound when a text arrives to both devices?   When I am not wearing the watch, then it’s like the usual notification sound when a text arrives to the phone.   What am I missing here?

4 Replies
GaryB82
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Open the wearable app and under watch settings. Make sure mute notifications are toggled off
1723548682187_1723548682178_0.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
irbrenda
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had it off.   Oh, well.   Thank you.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your notifications being muted on your phone while your watch is being warned. Were you able to try the steps by @GaryB82? Did you try turning the option back on and then off again to see if you still experience these symptoms?

0 Likes
irbrenda
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, I did.    I even reached out to Samsung via text message support and they wanted me to reset all settings on my phone.   I will not.   If this is the way it will work, so be it, but it should be that I get a sound alert on both devices.   My Fold 6 just vibrates.

0 Likes