JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Text messages won't show contact names

(Topic created: 06-23-2020 01:35 PM)
CHenley85
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

So in the last week my galaxy active 2 watch will no longer show the contact name when receiving texts. These contacts are in my phone but when receiving the text on my watch while connected to my phone, the watch only shows the phone number. Anyone know what's up or how to fix?

8 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Is the software up to date on your Galaxy Active 2 watch?

When you go to the contacts app on your watch are your contacts listed?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

CHenley85
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, I have the latest update for the watch.

No, there are no contacts listed on the watch.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

When you swipe down from the top of your watch, do you see connected via Bluetooth?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

CHenley85
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes the watch shows connected via Bluetooth 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Give this a try on your phone: go to settings > apps > tap on Galaxy wearable > and check permissions, is contacts listed?

If contacts is listed, I would recommend trying to reset your watch. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/

CHenley85
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

yes the permissions for the contacts are listed as "Allow". 

Before resetting the watch, do you know of a way to backup my information so I can reload it later?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Give this a try: go to the galaxy wearables app > tap on accounts and back up > tap on back up and restore > tap on back up data > and then select what you wish to back up

0 Likes
CHenley85
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

That fixed it. Thanks!

0 Likes