JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to back up Galaxy watches manually on One UI 5, backs up via Smart Switch

(Topic created: 09-26-2023 07:40 PM)
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

Why in the world would you take away the ability to back up our watches manually in the Wearable app? Make it make sense, I have to wait for what is now "PERIODICALLY" to back up my watch, how often is periodically? If you switch to store backups to Samsung Cloud, how does that work, when does that happen?

If anyone knows the answer please let me know!
165 Replies
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just got the OneUI5 on my Active4 a couple nights ago. My first automatic backup happened at 03:12AM this morning. That was after I clicked to activate the backup to Samsung Cloud the previous evening.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
GalaxyWolf1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Slightly off subject, BUT, would like to offer praise on one aspect of the update.
LOVE that you can now have status symbols disappear after 2 seconds. Make watchface 100% more appealing by not having them showing all the time and possibly blocking display elements. This feature does make me happy. But still want my manual backup features from previous version back. 😁😎
0 Likes
jsrubuntu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Download the Samsung Smart Switch app from Google Play Store on you Android phone open the app then close it and then "RESET" your Samsung Galaxy watch 4 LTE. The watch will ask to backup all data and reset then will restore all fresh data from backup just made from ui 5. This worked great on my Pixel 6 pro and Samsung Galaxy 4 LTE watch. NOTE Do not delete smart switch from your android phone as you will loose all your backups Also all backups from ui 5 can be seen in ware app. but can not be restored from android ware app only from resetting watch. NOT A VERY GOOD WAY TO DO BACKUPS!!!

cwglindn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hit Reset on Watch5, it said after pushing reset, "If watch is connected to phone...it will be backed up."  

It worked for me to activate the backup, but what would have happened if not connected to phone or if the backup was not working.  Then I just lose the data!!!

BRING BACK MANUAL BACKUP.

Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just had a notice that my watch hasn't been backed up in 7 days, I thought it was always backed up, I looked in settings and don't see anything, I need some help please!
All4dom
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
With the new update you need to have samsung smartswitch installed on your phone. I believe the watch backups to your phone instead of samaung server
Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
I believe I have it
0 Likes
Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just checked and I do have it, are there specific settings I need?
0 Likes
Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
I checked backup on my wearable app and it says no backups for this watch, last backup was July andi don't have a new watch
0 Likes
All4dom
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Even if your watch is old, all watches got updated. I don't backup my watch so I don't know what settings but you could Google how to back up watch
0 Likes