JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to find Google on my watch

(Topic created: 05-02-2023 10:31 PM)
jiggitywiggity
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
So I got a samsung watch galaxy watch 4 sm-r800. I was so pumped cause I was told the watch had google service on it ..so I got it and open it up do everything and no Google ..so look it up talk to support and everything all said the Google service should be on it .well I do just about everything there was to do restart reboot
Everything nothing works then someone said the it's cause it's the tizen one and was so mad so I got back in touch with samsung support and they to still insist it should be on there .and it's just no where so .....I just want to know if I can put a different OS on. It or if there's anything at all I can do .
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your watch not having Google on it and I would be happy to look into this further for you. As @LongHiker said the SM-R800 is the original Galaxy watch that would have Tizen as the software on the watch. Google apps and features would not be available on the Tizen watch. In order for us to better assist you in determining the model of the watch, can you please provide us with a serial number for your watch in a private message: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the Watch4. Which Google apps are you looking for?

Try going the the Play Store, search for the app you want. Ensure that you select 'watch'.Screenshot_20230502_224726_Google Play Store.jpg
jiggitywiggity
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
No like it for some reason does not have anything google ..like no play store what so ever ..I'm absolutely perplexed ...
0 Likes
jiggitywiggity
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
And also not being rude I no text can come off the wrong way sometimes . Soo lol I'm not that dumb .. but really I've gotten that answer 100 times and then the you sure it's not the lol
0 Likes
jiggitywiggity
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Also it's the Samsung galaxy watch 4 46mm sm-r800
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@jiggitywiggity the sm-r800 is the original Samsung Watch. It is not a Galaxy Watch 4. It was introduced in 2018 and uses Tizen. 

If someone sold it to you as a Galaxy Watch 4, they misrepresented it. 

jiggitywiggity
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
And when I look it up with s/n or anything it comes up as samsung..people keep saying it should be on it but idk if you know of any work around or if I could flash a nothe os on it lmk
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your watch not having Google on it and I would be happy to look into this further for you. As @LongHiker said the SM-R800 is the original Galaxy watch that would have Tizen as the software on the watch. Google apps and features would not be available on the Tizen watch. In order for us to better assist you in determining the model of the watch, can you please provide us with a serial number for your watch in a private message: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

0 Likes
jiggitywiggity
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
100 percent that what i thought. But then even samsung support was saying it should be there. ..well do you know. If there's anything I can do
0 Likes