JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch 4 does not work if you have FAMILY LINK INSTALLED!!

(Topic created: 08-28-2021 01:10 PM)
ayeika
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Please fix this issue ASAP. My daughter cannot connect to Google play store on her watch because she has google family link app connected. It's not fair and this should be fixed immediately!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

I can understand your frustrations, we can only provide the troubleshooting we have available from our side of things. Since the issue is with Google's Family link supervised accounts directly, we would really recommend reaching out to their support for better assistance with the issue. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

12 Replies
ayeika
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
The supervised account family link. You must set up the phone and watch and everything first THEN link family link.
ayeika
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
It keeps disconnecting from google play store on my watch so many apps stop functioning GRRRRR so frustrating!! I just want to return it so bad. Samsung Support have any input????
ayeika
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm returning watch. Couldn't connect to any apps on watch due to Google play store not opening
userNiAdqflAoH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

no reply? have the same issue?

SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, I am sorry for the frustration this may be causing you. Have you tried uninstalling the application, then reinstalling afterwards to see if it will allow access? If so, you can also try clearing the cache and data on the app with these steps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/
There is also wiping the phone's's cache partition. The steps for that are: 

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

If none of these help, please contact Google support for the app in question. I hope this rectifies the situation for you.

0 Likes
userJqVPhCuSGC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Replies like this are just thoughtless fluff. The issue is with Google's Family link supervised accounts; it has nothing to do with what your are suggesting. Useless!

Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

I can understand your frustrations, we can only provide the troubleshooting we have available from our side of things. Since the issue is with Google's Family link supervised accounts directly, we would really recommend reaching out to their support for better assistance with the issue. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Kboom
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yep
0 Likes
userTzsA8jgkub
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I disconnected from family link let my son put all the apps on the watch and them reconnected family link again.