JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch 5 unable to answer call, transfers to phone

(Topic created: 01-31-2023 01:50 PM)
Ceast
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Answering a call on my Watch 5, only connects to the call on the phone not the watch.  The watch states ongoing call on phone which I then have to find to speak to anyone.   I have looked for a setting to change this but unable to find one.

17 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Ceast Which phone are you using?

0 Likes
Ceast
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung A52

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Ceast Is your watch LTE or Bluetooth only? 

0 Likes
Ceast
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Bluetooth only

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out.  I can certainly understand your frustration with not being able to take phone calls on your watch and would be happy to look into this further for you. Just to clarify is your Galaxy watch 5 within Bluetooth range of your phone when you are experiencing these symptoms?

Depending on your smartwatch, you can make and answer calls right from your wrist! You just need to make sure the watch is connected to your phone through Bluetooth or through a mobile network. With an LTE watch model, you can even handle calls remotely.

Note: The screens and steps shown may vary by wireless service provider and your phone. Give this link try for possible steps to resolve answering the calls directly to your watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00061408/

0 Likes
WildlifeWarrior
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Did not help.

0 Likes
VBCrane
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you for a waste of time to read this, it literally addressed nothing that this post was asking, Samsung you are going the way of Apple lately and it's heartbreaking.

How do you answer calls on your watch 5 Pro when it's connected to your phone bc there is no setting to change on the watch or the phone, I could do it on the 4. Is it possible you completely overlooked this while designing the software
0 Likes
jeff2354
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a similar problem. my watch5 is LTE. when my watch is connected to my S21 via bluetooth and I get a call and try to answer it on my watch it will transfer the call to my phone. very annoying when I'm in the kitchen and the phone is in the office. if I wanted to answer the call on the phone I would have answered it on the phone. 

0 Likes
axio
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same here. Any answer? This worked initially but after watch repairing it stopped..
0 Likes