JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch 6 Wifi Settings

(Topic created: 08-07-2024 11:59 AM)
Snoring Bear
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm not sure what happened with this Watch I've had for about 6 months, but I noticed it's no longer attached to my Wifi.  So, following the Samsung FAQ's, I try to use the Wear app.  It says to tap on the Sync your apps.  Try that and all get is a Cancel/Remove/Manage option.  Go to manage, and it takes me to the website that offers nothing regarding Wifi settings. Dead end.

Next I try forgetting the network, and setting it back up.  Forgetting the fact that the keyboard is so tiny, even a fetus couldn't accurately type in a long password, the issue is, where are the numbers?  I try holding some top row letters for variations but all I get is foreign accents.  I cannot find any way to enter numbers.

So then I try to send the PW to myself via email or messages, to try to cut and paste, but that's not happening either.  Frankly, I'm kind of shocked there isn't a WPS capability?

The phone is connected the the wifi, the wifi is connected to the internet, and all is fine from that perspective.  I just cannot find a way to add the network criteria via the phone app or on the watch itself.  Shouldn't be this hard??

0 Likes
2 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Download GBoard for your watch and switch that to the default input. It too is tiny, but at least it's a real keyboard. Best to use a stylus, if you have one.
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Snoring Bear To connect your Watch 6 to Wifi, swipe down on the watch face, find the Wifi icon and enable it. If you long press on the Wifi icon, it will take you to the settings. There you can see your saved Wifi networks and also add any that aren't listed. 

"...where are the numbers?"

When you have the keyboard open, swipe up. You will see options for voice input, swipe input, emojis, numbers and punctuation. 

"I'm kind of shocked there isn't a WPS capability?"

WPS has some severe vulnerabilities and was dropped by manufacturers for that issue.