JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch 6 classic microphone not working

(Topic created: 12-09-2023 05:21 AM)
Pep1286
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

A couple days ago while answering a call on my watch I found out the caller could not hear me talking, in addition the voice to text has not been working well and most times it can't hear me to transfer into text. After doing watch diagnostic from the forum I realize the microphone on my watch is not working properly. Has anyone else had this issue? I've tried cleaning out the port with light compressed air, and such but nothing has worked. Does anyone know if this is a defect or a software update issue? Of course I noticed after the latest update. I'm going to take it in for service but I wanted to ask here first.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Pep1286
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Update to my post after talking to Samsung and going through the diagnostics procedure it turns out my watches microphone has failed send it in they have it now working on either repairing it or warrantying it out before sending it back to me

View solution in context

4 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
It sounds like a genuine issue with your hardware. FWIW I haven't noticed anyone else posting about W6C mics going sideways before or after updates.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Have you attempted to factory reset the watch and restore from a backup? The process is fairly quick and might fix the microphone issue.
Chromie3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine has just done the same thing

0 Likes
Solution
Pep1286
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Update to my post after talking to Samsung and going through the diagnostics procedure it turns out my watches microphone has failed send it in they have it now working on either repairing it or warrantying it out before sending it back to me