Original topic:

Watch 7 Ultra: Heart rate sensor with tattoos

(Topic created: 08-07-2024 05:44 AM)
throwingcircles
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi all.

While I am enjoying my Watch 7 Ultra, I am disappointed that the watch does not work with the Heart Rate sensor and tattoos. Considering this watch is designed for the "fitness enthusiast," I would assume that a fair percentage of us are tattooed.

Google released an update in June that got the Pixel Watch and Pixel Watch 2 to work on my sleeve tattooed arm, my Heart Rate worked just fine.

Is this something that Samsung can do, or has any plans to do?

To be clear, this has nothing to do with notifications and the wrist detection items. I get notifications, and have disabled wrist detection. This is squarely aimed at the fact that the HR sensor on a brand new watch does not work where other watches from other companies do.

Eyalat
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Heart rate sensor and sleep tracking does not work with tattoos

0 Likes
throwingcircles
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

If Google can make it work with their pixel watch and PW2, then Samsung should be able to on their watches that have "better sensors."

0 Likes
throwingcircles
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Even with the latest update, the HR sensor still does not work. I was hoping that this was going to correct it.

I saw that the ring will work alongside the watch, and I could go that route, could that be why Samsung is not pushing a fix for this? Fixing the HR issues would lead to less sales of another device?

0 Likes
throwingcircles
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

What ever happened to this update?

Was it just to disable wrist detection?

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-watch-update-tattoo-wrists/

0 Likes
GuyPie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This makes frustrating reading as this has been a problem for many years now. This is my first Samsung watch, previously I had a Garmin and that worked perfectly with tattoos. Come on Samsung, we need a fix.

0 Likes
throwingcircles
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Agreed. Something should be done about it. It's crazy that a device like this has this issue, and there has been no attempts to fix it. 

0 Likes
Smallesy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I doubt they will fix it tho , been years on some watches and it's never been fixed , I've got really heavy black tatts on both wirsts I've never got a samsung watch to work right , but a garmin I have mainly for my e bike tracking works perfectly that was a Ā£150 watch just lazy on samsungs part that there Ā£600  doesn't work

0 Likes
DebKaz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hmmm. Maybe a switch to Google watch is an answer. I've been waiting for a fix for tattoos since the frontier which had no problems with tattoos. Go figure
0 Likes
Gkc712
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

same problem here have 2 sleeves with tattoo and neither on both hands the HR works not even the finger double tap or knock gestures wont work. really frustrating  

0 Likes
DebKaz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Still have problems even with the watch 7 taking readings when worn on darker spots of my tattoos, I have to push the watch way up on my wrist for it to work properly. I was hoping this would have been fixed with the new version but sadly no. 
0 Likes